Jan 24, 2014
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Sold šŸ˜Ÿ
Exp
1990-2023
Hi

my EXPRESS VPN is due for renewal at $99.95 on 2nd September has anyone any thing or one that is good and cheaper please?

I had an offer last year

Carol

Deleted User
I have used a few different VPN's in the past, found Pure VPN to work best and longer, they all seem to need resetting after a while.
I have been using Vodafone in France, Spain and mostly Portugal for the last 2 years without a VPN and streamed all iplayer, ITV etc.
This year in France in a poor signal area All 4 says we are out of the UK and will not stream but all others ok, don't know why.

Camdoon

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Supreme
Exp
I have used a few different VPN's in the past, found Pure VPN to work best and longer, they all seem to need resetting after a while.
I have been using Vodafone in France, Spain and mostly Portugal for the last 2 years without a VPN and streamed all iplayer, ITV etc.
This year in France in a poor signal area All 4 says we are out of the UK and will not stream but all others ok, don't know why.
Refreshed my Vodafone this year and could not watch a UK football match in France as it thought I was in the UK then would not load Opera as the 'over 18' flag had not taken (see various threads on how to get that achieved) so could not legitimately watch the game abroad. Vodafone not in my good books once I had worked out why. Have similar issues with McD's France which I used to use for its free wifi. Any looking at offers is stopped because you are 'not in France'.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Iā€™ve got a WIFI dongle on my Humax Freesat box and get iplayer in France using my MIFI with 3 sim in.

Deleted User
Did you find out why the Vodafone didn't work, was that for all channels?
I think I read that some areas in Dorset come up with the same notice for All4, weak signal I think.

OldAgeTravellers

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 6, 2014
Telford, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1970
Have sent you an email Carol corconx I use Ivacy which has been great on all my devices but mainly use it on the fire stick.
Steve

OP
OP
corconx
Jan 24, 2014
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Sold šŸ˜Ÿ
Exp
1990-2023
Cheers all thank you some to work through.

Iā€™m with Vodafone and it doesnā€™t work on my phone which is why I got EXPRESS VPN.

Carol

Lucky

Free Member
Nov 9, 2019
Limousin France & Yorkshire UK
Funster No
MH
Sunlight Cliff 600XV
Exp
Since 2016
Nord is widely compatible, easy to use, and they're doing an offer at the moment (like many others). I recently bought 12 months for ā‚¬50 and it's usable across 6 devices at any one time. I'm in France watching BBC iPlayer through a Fire TV Stick as I write this.

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
If you use an English mobile sim for your internet, you have an English ip address. So iPlayer thinks you are in the UK.
Exactly we watched BBC and ITV when in Europe last year no need for a VPN

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back