VPN’s (1 Viewer)

Deleted User
I have used VPN's in the past, use UK based sim now and don't need one.

I don't think any of the free ones will enable connection to UK TV anymore, last one I used was Pure VPN which worked but did need a bit of messing and contacted their helpline to sort out.

I think they play catchup with the BBC who block suspicious ones and then they reconfigure.

May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2003
TunnelBear is a very user friendly VPN but it probably has the same user limitations as the others. At least it has a sense of fun.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 21, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
I thought this thread was going to be about...... Visible Panty N.........
Well I can’t help it if I’ve never grown up!
:D:D:D:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
I tried growing up once, it was the most boring ten minutes of my entire life:)
Yes, totally overrated in my opinion. (y)

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
Not needed for IPTV on Mobdro or showbox. Between those two you get all the tv you could ever want. Also not needed for banking, email or other apps like facebook or MHF etc. Been abroad for 3 years and never needed one. Not found a use where I would either.......yet! ( using Portuguese mifi)

Oct 10, 2009
Bishop's Stortford
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
Since 2011
Use Express VPN in France and Spain mainly to listen to BBC Radio 5 for football match commentaries and other sports on line. This year paid the annual fee but in future will pay monthly.

Oct 20, 2010
Burry Port South Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2003
We use Hotspot Shield which costs about £22 a year, it works to get access to catch up TV while here in Spain, we can use Mobdro and other sites but they don't have subtitles which we need.
Rant on: ITV disgracefully still do not have subtitles on their catch up service : Rant off
Cheers
Ed

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
I have just changed my internet security to Bitdefender (it's a paid for programme which has excellent reports) and discovered that it's supposed to have a VPN option. I've never bothered with VPN's before but I'll probably install it on the laptop before going away in January and give it a try.

Chriss123

Free Member
Nov 7, 2018
Funster No
I have tried several VPN's over the years, but for the last half year, I stuck with NordPVN. Easy to use, works with Netflix US and is fairly cheap if you compare it with the likes with ExpressVPN. I had a few minor problems but the live customer was very helpful. Would recommend! I saw an ad also that they have a great black Friday deal right now, I believe the coupon code is "blackoffer".

SMB

Apr 26, 2013
Spain
Funster No
MH
Coachbuild
Exp
Fulltiming since February 2013
I use PIA (Private Internet Access) on my laptops and phones, easy to use and good interface.

Sep 17, 2017
Birmingham, UK
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
Just a quick nerdy note about VPNs. They work by encrypting your internet traffic and tunnelling it through to an endpoint where it gets decrypted and pops out into the wider 'net.

The tunnelling effect that makes it look like your device look like it's somewhere else is why VPNs are used for faking your origin to get around region locks for streaming media.

The primary reason I use them is the encryption bit. If I'm using a dodgy coffeeshop or campsite WiFi, there's no guarantee that your traffic is actually private. By using a VPN, it massively reduces the chances that you can be snooped or spoofed.

There's then a third reason for using VPNs, because you are trying to remain anonymous, but VPN alone isn't a complete solution for that.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back