sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Has anyone got experience of this plan. We use a sim in our Netgear router purely for data most of which is streaming. It seems this 45GB deal gives you Netflix et al outside of this limit and whilst roaming. So for our profile it is a good deal. I have been unable to find a reference to the current Vodafone 62 day roaming restriction which is due to hit in January.

https://voxi.co.uk/acquisition/plan...1_1608277791_0a31814c0a8bf5761f0e7accac29032e

OP
OP
sallylillian

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
OK found it!!!
If you have a Video Pass, you can use your pass in our Europe Zone with a fair use policy of 5GB per month. If you exceed the fair usage policy, any data usage which would have been covered by your Pass will come from your inclusive data allowance instead, which you can use free of charge in our Europe Zone.

SMB

Apr 26, 2013
Spain
Funster No
MH
Coachbuild
Exp
Fulltiming since February 2013
I'm using it at the moment though it was on offer when I took it out in May at 60gb. I haven't got the video pass but we've been abroad since the middle of August and haven't been contacted regarding being out of the UK more than 60 days (unlike Giffgaff which I cancelled). You can use the whole amount abroad as you say and coverage has been good in most places :giggle:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 11, 2017
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740FC
Exp
My wife has a Vodafone contract with 100Gb data - not unlimited. She's just had an email from them that from 18 January their fair use policy on roaming is changing.
If you use phone for longer than 62 days in any 4 months period, and use more heavily than when in the UK, they will issue 14 days warning, after which hefty surcharges apply (eg £3.13 per Gb.)
Not necessarily a great problem as such - with the 90 days in 180 limit, we probably won't be able to spend much more than 62+14 days at a time, and it appears that it only counts days when phone actually used, so a few days on eg site wifi only would eke it out. But it feels like the thin end of a wedge - care to bet that by this time next year the 62 days won't have been reduced to 31??

Apr 2, 2019
England, UK
Funster No
MH
Niesmann Arto 88EK
Exp
Since 2005
Looks like the VOXI plan has similar restrictions to Vodafone unfortunately.

If you use our services outside of the UK for more than 50% of a rolling 4 month period we will send you a text requesting that you moderate your use of our services. If your use of our services outside the UK continues to exceed 50% of your total usage in the two weeks following such a request this usage will fall outside our Acceptable Use Policy and we will impose further charges on your account or reserve the right to disconnect or restrict your service. Further information on roaming charges outside the UK can be found at voxi.co.uk/pricing-guide.

Bolti

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 13, 2017
Hondon Valley and the Kellets
Funster No
MH
Rapido V43
Exp
Since 2015
Be aware with Vodafone/ Voxi you are not allowed to roam on to any network in Spain, you must use Vodafone es all others are forbidden.
My two phones are sat here useless, I am currently connected to a Superdrug sim as it uses 3 network and movistar in Spain.

OP
OP
sallylillian

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
My wife has a Vodafone contract with 100Gb data - not unlimited. She's just had an email from them that from 18 January their fair use policy on roaming is changing.
If you use phone for longer than 62 days in any 4 months period, and use more heavily than when in the UK, they will issue 14 days warning, after which hefty surcharges apply (eg £3.13 per Gb.)
Not necessarily a great problem as such - with the 90 days in 180 limit, we probably won't be able to spend much more than 62+14 days at a time, and it appears that it only counts days when phone actually used, so a few days on eg site wifi only would eke it out. But it feels like the thin end of a wedge - care to bet that by this time next year the 62 days won't have been reduced to 31??
I to have this email and hence my search. Its not so much the 62 days, but the 4 month comparison with the UK usage. I have a SIM in the router on the van which gets used very little when we are in the UK, just some updates for the tablet and access for the Victron VRM. Even the iNet box has its own SIM. Both my wife and I have our own phones with a SIM each, Vodafone. So on the face of it I will have to get my router on the van downloading 70gb of data every month whilst in the UK. So I might set up a pointless loop from my home network.

Feb 11, 2017
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740FC
Exp
I to have this email and hence my search. Its not so much the 62 days, but the 4 month comparison with the UK usage. I have a SIM in the router on the van which gets used very little when we are in the UK, just some updates for the tablet and access for the Victron VRM. Even the iNet box has its own SIM. Both my wife and I have our own phones with a SIM each, Vodafone. So on the face of it I will have to get my router on the van downloading 70gb of data every month whilst in the UK. So I might set up a pointless loop from my home network.
I must admit my reading of it was that the comparison with uk usage only kicked in if you exceeded the 62 days. From memory it says if “>62 days” and “more than uk usage”, not or. Hope I’m right on that .

OP
OP
sallylillian

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
I must admit my reading of it was that the comparison with uk usage only kicked in if you exceeded the 62 days. From memory it says if “>62 days” and “more than uk usage”, not or. Hope I’m right on that .
Thanks you are right.

OP
OP
sallylillian

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
So how to get around it. For example what's a good deal on a data package in another EU country that gives you roaming in the EU without all this, that as a UK citizen we could buy/contract. I cannot keep faffing with a different Sim as I move from country to country.

Feb 11, 2017
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740FC
Exp
Portuguese PAYG sims are brilliant value - we’ve used MEO and Nos in the past, think they work out at about €1 a day for unlimited data? Not sure how well they support roaming tbh - they’re still covered by EU regs so they should, but might throttle you down to 3G or worse. And my recollection is that if you’re not in Portugal so would depend on online top-ups rather than just buying a new sim, the cost of this is higher - may be wrong on this though, I’ve never done it.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back