Votronics LCD Battery Computer S ?? (1 Viewer)

Jan 16, 2017
Hillingdon
Funster No
MH
Vantage Med
Exp
Since 2017
Hi, after feeling nervous regarding the actual state of my leisure batteries, I'm about to fit a proper battery computer. I have a one year old panel van conversion and it is fitted with a solar panel and a Votronics Solar computer. I like the idea of using the Votronics Battery Computer S with Smart Shunt as the display matches and compliments the Solar computer and it looks like it will give me all the information I would need.

I think these units are relatively new, has anyone out there got any experience of these battery monitors. I would really appreciate any comments or feedback.

Thanks

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Had one in my last van and will have another fitted in my new one.
Asked vanbitz if they would fit it but said no.
I like it. Think its a great piece of equipment. Sure @Popeye has one in his mh.

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
@mojo has one as well.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

SuperMike

Free Member
Apr 28, 2010
St Albans
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Sightseer
Exp
11yrs, but many years a tugger.
Yes have the 200A shunt version and their solar meter as well. All good, like it very much.

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
I don' know the particular model you mention but I'm a fan of some form of battery monitor, but they are not perfect..... And usually rely on some form of of user input or calibration to set them up...And if you can it's worth checking the figures for current lthey display so you have an idea of just how useful it is.. that said i still find one useful and they have alerted me to a load I'd been running and forgotten about...
Andy

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
You need to imput your total ah and battery type i.e. wet gel agm.
Even a girl can set it up.
Dont understand the 100 200 or 400 shunt bit :eek:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007

That would be the calibrated strip of metal between the battery terminal and the rest of the power circuits. So available in 100,200 and 400 amp ratings. 400A will be less accurate than 100A.

An inverter is the killer in choosing which to use.

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
You need to imput your total ah and battery type i.e. wet gel agm.
Even a girl can set it up.

Yes some types are relatively easy to set up..But still require a bit judgement... If your batteries are new you may be ok with putting in their amp hour rating.. If they are not then what figure do you use..
Their ah rating is only true at a given current flow... If that is the rate at which you discharge , then that's fine.. if not then do you change the figure to suit ? ? ?
They can sometimes require the current they record to be adjusted ...by either cross referencing and checking with a second meter or from a known point.. ie no flow...
Some of the chineese meters are far from straight fwd..... even for a girl..:LOL::LOL::LOL:
My point is they can all differ slightly in the way you set them up and if you want meaningful readings that can be important..
I certainly didn't mean to imply girls went capable:D:LOL:
Andy.

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Whats an amp or two between friends?lol

OP
OP
Waveski
Jan 16, 2017
Hillingdon
Funster No
MH
Vantage Med
Exp
Since 2017
Thanks everyone for your response. I like your style Theonlysue but you must remember Blokes like to do it properly! You know....guess what to do...try some research....play around with the buttons....replace the broken bits and if all fails ask the wife to read the instructions:whistle:

I'm planning to go ahead with the Votronic with a 100 amp shunt (no inverter foreseen).

Great feedback everyone. Thanks

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
Thanks everyone for your response. I like your style Theonlysue but you must remember Blokes like to do it properly! You know....guess what to do...try some research....play around with the buttons....replace the broken bits and if all fails ask the wife to read the instructions:whistle:

I'm planning to go ahead with the Votronic with a 100 amp shunt (no inverter foreseen).

Great feedback everyone. Thanks
Love your avata.. is that what you do...
I was over in portrush recently and watched a bit of the world surf kayaking championships.... mental lol...
I'e recently got a sea kayak for touring and fancy giving it a go in the surf one day:LOL:..
Andy
20171022_103924.jpg

OP
OP
Waveski
Jan 16, 2017
Hillingdon
Funster No
MH
Vantage Med
Exp
Since 2017
Thanks, I'm glad you like the avatar and yes it is actually me!....about 5 years ago. I still surf but I'm getting older and less enthusiastic hence visits to warmer French waters. A waveski is very different to a surf kayak and is more like a big fat surfboard. Incredibly stable....upside down:eek:
Ooh and the waveski just fit vertically on the back door of a Fiat Ducato, happy days!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back