VOSA To Give up testing Class 4/5/7 (1 Viewer)

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Vosa has anounced its intenion to give up testing Classes 4 5 light and class 7s
at its VOSA testing stations
Concentrating its efforts on HGV and PSV Vehicles, possibly early next year, but no fixed date given out.

Worthy of note is the new Class 5 Light, this is for vehicles upto a GVW of 5 ton Vosa will of course continue with Class 5 heavy 5 ton +
They also intend to licence private HGV and PSv Test centres' these will be privatly owned facilities with suitable equipment for HGV and PSV testing, but will still be manned by VOSA testers
Looks to me like the Government is about to sell off some real estate:whatthe:
Geo

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
Hi Geo. Can you explain please. Does this mean our MH won't need it's usual class 4 MOT in future? :Smile::Smile::Smile:

Ivy

OP
OP
Geo

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Hi Geo. Can you explain please. Does this mean our MH won't need it's usual class 4 MOT in future? :Smile::Smile::Smile:

Ivy
You should ask those that insist you do, the Dept for Transport:winky:
Vosa dont care either way::bigsmile: they just enforce how it's done:thumb:
If you are a regular VOSA station user, because of size or preferance, start looking for an alterntive soon cos the Vosa man him say Nooooooooo more motor homes tested at their premises:Doh:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

estcres

Free Member
Oct 9, 2007
Sunny Bournemouth
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2005
You should ask those that insist you do, the Dept for Transport:winky:
Vosa dont care either way::bigsmile: they just enforce how it's done:thumb:
If you are a regular VOSA station user, because of size or preferance, start looking for an alterntive soon cos the Vosa man him say Nooooooooo more motor homes tested at their premises:Doh:

I've always had mine MOT'd at a local garage which has bays and equipment large enough to do commercial vehicles so this move will not be a problem for me personally however, finding a garage that can undertake MOT's for large vehicle will be a problem for many, especially if you live in the rural areas of the country. My local Kwik Fit for example will not be able to do them as their bays are not large enough.

The new class 5 light sounds interesting as I currently have mine done on a class 4.

Will the class 5 light test be any different to the class 4? Also will all the new inspection requirements be incorporated into the class 5 light?

OP
OP
Geo

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Sorry should have explained better
class 5 is for buses and coaches they all reqd a vosa test now
when class5 light kicks in under 5 tons can be done anywhere

motor roamin

Funster
May 23, 2010
Leicester
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 mins
Vosa has anounced its intenion to give up testing Classes 4 5 light and class 7s
at its VOSA testing stations
Concentrating its efforts on HGV and PSV Vehicles, possibly early next year, but no fixed date given out.

Worthy of note is the new Class 5 Light, this is for vehicles upto a GVW of 5 ton Vosa will of course continue with Class 5 heavy 5 ton +
They also intend to licence private HGV and PSv Test centres' these will be privatly owned facilities with suitable equipment for HGV and PSV testing, but will still be manned by VOSA testers
Looks to me like the Government is about to sell off some real estate:whatthe:
Geo

I think Leicester LGV test center will be rented out last year they spent a fortune on all new equipment, I am sure it will be stupid money so no one can make a profit.

They also spent a fortune at Weedon all new equipment new lanes and extended the driving test area.

Some one will know what they are up to but you like me will be the last to know for sure.

All the best Rick.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back