Jul 3, 2017
Stevenage
Funster No
MH
Tiffin Allegro
Exp
Hi all

I need some advice on Tyres for a Tiffin Allegro RV

It needs to go for a VOSA IVA test and apparantly it will fail as the tyres don't show the load index on the tyre wall

Can anyone suggest which tyres we will be able to source in the UK that show the load index on the tyre wall?

The current tyres are Michelin X, 265/70R19.5

Many thanks,

Rick

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Welcome to the forum god luck with the test
I don't know but some one will on her
Bill

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Well there's plenty to choose from, but wow they are dear

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
R

rickb8585

Free Member
Jul 3, 2017
Stevenage
Funster No
MH
Tiffin Allegro
Exp
Well there's plenty to choose from, but wow they are dear

Hi Chaser, the price isn't the problem...it's which ones show the correct load rating on the side so it can pass the IVA test.

Thanks for the link, I'll send them an E-mail and ask which ones display the load rating :)

Next up is finding headlights that aim in the correct direction but I think I may have found somewhere that can help with those!

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
:pink:
Have you checked the inner sidewall, markings are often not the same on both sidewalls, date codes are often on the inside but not on the outside.

Apr 21, 2009
East Cowes, PO32 6RU
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Caravan since 1970, motorhome or RV since 1999 then back to a caravan in 2017.
Suggest you contact @Brian and Jo who are members on here as he runs a tyre business and his specific knowledge of RV & motorhome rubber is unnequalled. You may also find information on the 'sister site' rvoc.co.uk

OP
OP
R

rickb8585

Free Member
Jul 3, 2017
Stevenage
Funster No
MH
Tiffin Allegro
Exp
:pink:
Have you checked the inner sidewall, markings are often not the same on both sidewalls, date codes are often on the inside but not on the outside.

You sir, are a legend. I'm an idiot for not checking but it's right there on the inner wall. You've just saved me replacing 4 nearly new tyres! Thanks :)

Thanks to everyone for the advice and the warm welcome, I expect I'll be posting lots more questions and annoying you all! :)

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
You sir, are a legend. I'm an idiot for not checking but it's right there on the inner wall. You've just saved me replacing 4 nearly new tyres! Thanks :)

Thanks to everyone for the advice and the warm welcome, I expect I'll be posting lots more questions and annoying you all! :)
.. and that just goes to show why you should consider paying the yearly subscription. You're always going to find someone who knows about most subjects here!

Steve N Tracy

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 1, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 Years
Most American vehicles have what is described in the IVA manual as "American flat pattern headlights" with no kick up so you should be ok, park it close to a wall about 3 feet and have a look at the pattern.

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
If you have sealed beam headlights as mine and many rv' s do, they will pass the test without adjustment.
Fun has a sister site RVOC.co.UK which is specifically for American motorhomes.

OP
OP
R

rickb8585

Free Member
Jul 3, 2017
Stevenage
Funster No
MH
Tiffin Allegro
Exp
Thanks everyone :) Looks like the tyres won't pass the IVA test anyway as they don't have an 'E' marking to show they're European compliant!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back