Volts indicator flashing red on hook up (1 Viewer)

Delboyarapaho

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 17, 2013
Herts UK
Funster No
MH
Carthago Liner for T
Exp
Since 2013
I have a 2015 890 Burstner Elegance. We were away without hook up for 5 days last week and although the batteries held up well we got down to 12v on the last evening with the tv saying it would be shutting down due to low power. I switched it off so we didn't run the batteries right down.
The next day we drove to a site with hook up and spent the night there. The next morning when everything was fully charged I noticed the volts light on the meter was on red. When the taps were run (a 12v load applied) it went out but came back on when the tap was stopped.
The batteries appear to be fully charged showing 13.5v and everything appears to be functioning normally on and off hook up. When not on hook up the red light does not show and last night we disconnected the hook up and still showed 12.9v this morning. At the moment it is just flashing about every second and we are on hook up but the problem continues.
When I looked at the solar controller at the weekend it showed the two lights were illuminated one amber and one green. But now those 2 lights are green showing fully charged.
I wonder if the batteries are being overcharged and whether a regulator or something has been switched due to low power?
I've gone through all the disconnect and reconnect sequences in the manual and no difference.
I have just disconnected the positive terminal from the solar panels and this made no impact.
Any ideas gratefully received?

Attachments

• panel 1.jpg
    panel 1.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 47
  • panel 2.jpg
    panel 2.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 51
  • panel 3.jpg
    panel 3.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 48

thebriars

Free Member
Oct 20, 2018
Teesside
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 1990
OMG. Won't be long before we have the reverse polarity "experts" along to say you'll be electrocuted any time soon.

I'll get the popcorn. :pop:

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
I have just read the manual. From what i can see if its flashing then sounds like the batteries are goosed..
Do you have the manual ??? If not I can put a copy into the FUN resources.

Delboyarapaho

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
I have a 2015 890 Burstner Elegance. We were away without hook up for 5 days last week and although the batteries held up well we got down to 12v on the last evening with the tv saying it would be shutting down due to low power. I switched it off so we didn't run the batteries right down.
The next day we drove to a site with hook up and spent the night there. The next morning when everything was fully charged I noticed the volts light on the meter was on red. When the taps were run (a 12v load applied) it went out but came back on when the tap was stopped.
The batteries appear to be fully charged showing 13.5v and everything appears to be functioning normally on and off hook up. When not on hook up the red light does not show and last night we disconnected the hook up and still showed 12.9v this morning. At the moment it is just flashing about every second and we are on hook up but the problem continues.
When I looked at the solar controller at the weekend it showed the two lights were illuminated one amber and one green. But now those 2 lights are green showing fully charged.
I wonder if the batteries are being overcharged and whether a regulator or something has been switched due to low power?
I've gone through all the disconnect and reconnect sequences in the manual and no difference.
I have just disconnected the positive terminal from the solar panels and this made no impact.
Any ideas gratefully received?
I am afraid I cannot help with the problem , but gotta say I simply love the meter !!
All the info needed in a clear, easy to read place..
So much better than the Victron thing

OP
OP
Delboyarapaho

Delboyarapaho

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 17, 2013
Herts UK
Funster No
MH
Carthago Liner for T
Exp
Since 2013
I have just read the manual. From what i can see if its flashing then sounds like the batteries are goosed..
Do you have the manual ??? If not I can put a copy into the FUN resources.

Delboyarapaho
Hi Steve. Yes thanks I do have a soft copy of the manual. I have tried everything it says with regards resetting but no change.
the weird thing is the 12v system holds up well so I struggle to believe the batteries are shot. Also when on hook up the lightgoes off when the lights are switched on or some other load applied.
I will get the batteries checked ASAP though.
Thanks for your help
Hope you are both doing well under these strange circumstances

OP
OP
Delboyarapaho

Delboyarapaho

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 17, 2013
Herts UK
Funster No
MH
Carthago Liner for T
Exp
Since 2013
OMG. Won't be long before we have the reverse polarity "experts" along to say you'll be electrocuted any time soon.

I'll get the popcorn. :pop:
You can stuff your popcorn where the sun don’t shine mate. Your comment is a waste of space thanks for nothing

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back