VoipWise ( new skype type prog) (1 Viewer)

Tony Hunt

Free Member
Sep 27, 2007
Wimborne, Dorset
Funster No
MH
RV A class
Exp
Anybody else discovered this new VOIP called VoipWise. Apparently a lot of fulltimers are using it down in spain to call home or to call others on line for free or at cheaper rates than skype. Quality appears to be better than skype also.

Link Removed

I spoke to a friend in OZ this morning for 30 minutes totally free and the quality was superb, like being in the next room.

Last edited:

Enodreven

xMember
Nov 28, 2007
Funster No
Hi, We use Voipstunt, and VoipBusterMate to make the phone keys work rather than using the laptop screen buttons,

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Tony Hunt

Tony Hunt

Free Member
Sep 27, 2007
Wimborne, Dorset
Funster No
MH
RV A class
Exp
Seems like its one and the same thing john. Voipwise are advertising on the voipbuster site like you say. It all works quite well all the same.

MicknPat

Free Member
Dec 16, 2007
Touring UK
Funster No
MH
39ft American A class RV
Exp
Since Oct 2007
I believe that Voipbuster also is another company called Free Call see Link Removed

Both use either the same or very similar software.

I have Voipbuster ,Free Call and Skype to call home from the USA,with a small amount of credit I can phone a UK or Spanish landline for free.

I also like the Firefox / Skype link facility that automatically turns any telephone number on a web page into a Skype link number.

But going back to the original post, if they are ALL the same company what are they trying to accomplish buy having three similar companies competing with each other?

Last edited:
N

N Luyetund

Deleted User
Knowing nowt about voip I'm curious about the cost of 'credit' needed to make 'free' calls...

johnsandywhite

Free Member
Jul 29, 2007
Doncaster/Spain
Funster No
MH
'A' Class RV &
Exp
Knowing nowt about voip I'm curious about the cost of 'credit' needed to make 'free' calls...

:Cool: Most require you to pay a minimum of 10 Euros. This can last forever if you mainly make FREE calls. ie. Internet to Internet and some landlines. Voipbuster gives you something like 3 months of free calls. Most landlines cost 1 cent and mobiles 17/18 cents per minute to make. :winky:

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
Hi
can you tell me if all the different systems are compatable with each other?? eg. if my son has Skype and we have Voip, can we still call on the free/cheap rate??
Thanks, Nigel

johnsandywhite

Free Member
Jul 29, 2007
Doncaster/Spain
Funster No
MH
'A' Class RV &
Exp
Hi
can you tell me if all the different systems are compatable with each other?? eg. if my son has Skype and we have Voip, can we still call on the free/cheap rate??
Thanks, Nigel

:Cool: Most require you to BUY a Voip phone number at a nominal fee. It should then be possible to phone this voip number direct via the internet. It is also possible for a landline to phone this number. :winky:

N

N Luyetund

Deleted User
Thanks John and Sandy

Is there a voip provider that doesn't have time limited credit?

OP
OP
Tony Hunt

Tony Hunt

Free Member
Sep 27, 2007
Wimborne, Dorset
Funster No
MH
RV A class
Exp
At least Ive started a discussion. some good questions there. Another question john. These small skype type phones that you see for sale in maplins and other places. Is it just a case of plugging them into a spare USB port and they work bit like a mouse or keyboard or do you have to configure microphone and sound settings like a headset. When I use a bluetooth type headset Im getting a lot of echo from my own voice which is annoying and Im looking for an easier and better alternative.

johnsandywhite

Free Member
Jul 29, 2007
Doncaster/Spain
Funster No
MH
'A' Class RV &
Exp
:Smile: Yes Tony. They work the same as headphone/microphone. The echo is feedback through the Bluetooth. I've not tried one of those. I have always used headphone/microphone. These can also give an echo. It is down to the actual connection speed at both ends too and traffic. I remember going back 15 years when phone calls from Tenerife were the same. :winky:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back