LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Good Morning.....Anyone found the Add On. "VODAFONE VIDEO PASS" useful....I am a MOBILE vodafone customer and have a data plan. Cheers.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Just had a look at it. If you watch a lot of videos the scheme could be useful. As I understand it the benefit is unlimited data for streaming video for £7 a month. You still need say anNetflix subscription but at least you won't have to worry about using large amounts of data. :)

Feb 12, 2018
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 600SL
Exp
Since 2017
Three limitations to be aware of:

1 When EU roaming, limited to 5 GBytes a month, then uses your contract data allowance.

2 Only works for watching (e.g. video stream from Netlflix) on the device in which the SIM is installed. So, if using a Smart TV with a WiFi link to a hotspot on your smartphone (for example), the data stream is seen as "ordinary" data and comes out of your contract allowance. No problem watching with Video Pass on, for example, an iPad with the SIM card installed in the iPad, but you must connect to Netflix (or Amazon Prime etc) using the correct App downloaded from the App Store.

3 If using an iPad (as described above) you can stream the video to a TV by either using an Apple lightening connector to HDMI adaptor and an HDMI lead (and I have found this to work reliably) or using an AppleTV box (which always seems to give me trouble). You can also stream from an Android device (using a suitable USB to HDMI adaptor/lead), but currently this does not work for Netflix, who say they are working on rectifying this. Have not tried Amazon Prime from an Android device stream.

Will be interested to learn of other folk's experience of using Vodafone data passes.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
jumar

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Great rundown @Millcourt, thanks for that.
As we live in Spain getting value for money is going to be minimal.. however occasionally using it could be a benefit while in the UK.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back