Free Member
Mar 14, 2018
Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
10 years
We have just collected ( yesterday ) our new 2018 Vline 610 Sport, and as expected there are several issues that need addressing so will be speaking to the dealer next week, but I do have an odd question to ask on here 1st -- the question is in the bottom right hand side of the wardrobe there is a poorly fitted panel about 18" high covering the full depth of the wardrobe, which is held in place by 1 screw at the top right hand corner and 1 screw in the top left hand corner that only screwed through the panel because it is too short to go any further-- because of the shoddy workmanship and the overall appearance of it I removed the 1 screw attaching to the wardrobe to discover that a whole had been cut in the side of the wardrobe exposing the back of the bathroom sink along with 2 flexible water pipes, has any one else got the same ? I can't believe that this is how it would come from the factory, so I am concerned that the dealer has found a leak and decided that this would be the easiest option. Before speaking to the dealer it would be good to hear from another Vine owner.

Regards
Deck

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Haven't got one but that certainly does NOT sound right ... no way would they make such a shoddy panel when the rest of it is put together to a higher quality ... something fishy there.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
D

Deck

Free Member
Mar 14, 2018
Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
10 years
It’s a service hole so that the tap can be accessed if it needed replacing.

Regards

Ian
Service Manager
Broken Link Removed
Thanks Ian, had the panel been attached in an acceptable way I would of thought the same but it is the shoddy way that it has been done that is making me feel suspicious. I can take it off and make it look as if it belongs there, but I shouldn't have to be doing this on a new van. By rebating the back of the panel and possibly some small spacers to clear the feeds to the taps and using 4 screws instead of 1 should tidy things up but I shouldn't have to be making good.
Regards
Deck

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Thanks Ian, had the panel been attached in an acceptable way I would of thought the same but it is the shoddy way that it has been done that is making me feel suspicious

Deck, Our MY16 Autotrail had the same type of quality issues. I spent a few days stripping bits and reassembling them to make them fit.

I even came across a few bits (like what you described) where I thought Autotrail had used a few recycled bits of wood from previous new vans, I.e. Where someone had cut the wrong piece and then were able to switch it around and fit it to my AT. It saves wasting wood I suppose.

Best of luck,

Andrew

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back