Vivaro Pop Top Hinge Alignment (1 Viewer)

Dec 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Hi Guys,

I'm currently working on fitting the pop top to my Vivaro from a kit I fitted made by Daystar Campers.

The scissor hinges came pre fitted into the fiberglass pop top and I have bolted them in place to the rail in the van. When opening and closing the pop top the hinges grind together and paint/metal was rubbed off within a couple of opens and closes.

I have checked my measurements over and over again and am sure they are right. I have spoken to the guy who made the kit and he says it is normal for the hinges to grind a little. I find this extremely hard to believe.

The hinges screw into the fiberglass at 150cm apart whereas the rails are 145cm apart, so it seems to me that the obvious error was the screwing of the hinges into the fiberglass in the wrong place by Daystar. The guy at Daystar assures me these measurements are correct, but I cant see how this could be possible since surely the hinges must be parallel and in the current state they clearly are not.

Anyone have any experience with any similar issues?

See pics here:

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Did you get this resolved? If not can anyone offer any advice?

Jan 27, 2018
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Rapido & Bongone
If the hinge is not attached to the van will it close as expected (ie without graunching).
How easy it to remove the hinge from the roof. is the position on roof moveable.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back