Visiting Narbonne This Weekend??? Aire To Avoid. (1 Viewer)

Jul 2, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon Tiki Tag, 2007.
Exp
Narbonnette Aire is best avoided, at least for a while.

Just left there as Gypsies have moved in, 2 motorhomes, 2 folding caravans at least one van with mattresses in the back and 15-20 bodies.

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
Are they really that bad though? We have stayed in Aires with Gypsies and not had a problem, in fact, on one aire in the Loire, we were the only non Gypsies there and were made to feel welcome. We left with everything that we arrived with too!
We've seen many Gypsy sites at the edges of villages where they make a living making and selling baskets and people from the villages buying them. I don't think the Gypsies in France are looked upon the same as they are in the UK.
We visited the aire in Narbonne last February, I can't say I liked it much though, even without Gypsies, it didn't feel that safe.
Allan

OP
OP
Encantador
Jul 2, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon Tiki Tag, 2007.
Exp
Are they really that bad though?

I have no idea but there was certainly NO intention to make anyone else feel welcome.

They set themselves up so as to take far more spaces than the number of vehicles they had, parking the motorhomes horizontally across 4 spaces each. They kept walking passed our van looking in every time, they were shouting and yawping at each other from 30 yards. The amount that walked off the site and came back a few minutes later 'suggested' they had found themselves a toilet area nearby.

The only other British van said they had experienced something similar in France once before and on that occasion, many more arrived later in the day. Most of the French owners said they would leave before it got dark, and that the Police if called would do nothing.

I personally did not feel physically intimidated but would have not have had a relaxing nights sleep wondering what they were up to.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Billy23

Free Member
Feb 10, 2012
On a planet...far, ....far away.
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
On and off 1995
Well we must be lucky, driving into Granville Northern France and, I tell no lie......at least 99 of our gypsy friends passed us.......going the other way.

Question: How on earth did they know I was coming to Granville?:D

Reactions: f6c

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
Well we must be lucky, driving into Granville Northern France and, I tell no lie......at least 99 of our gypsy friends passed us.......going the other way.

Question: How on earth did they know I was coming to Granville?:D
They probably read it on www.Gypsytravellerfun.fr

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back