Visiting Aire de Camping-Car des Vernhes (sitecode: 30484) (1 Viewer)

Hellski

Free Member
Mar 28, 2016
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto 76 LE
Exp
I wondered whether you kind folk that are experienced in travelling in France, would be kind enough to help me?

My wife and I are going to France in June and following various posts and reading the great blog of @Clarky, I would very much like to meander down to Aire de Camping-Car des Vernhes (sitecode: 30484) as our end destination, before returning north again.

Whenever I have previously driven in France, I've always followed the toll roads but now we have the MH, it would be rude not to explore more of rural France. Therefore, I would be extremely grateful if anyone could recommend a scenic route from Calais avoiding tolls and problem areas?

Alternatively, would it be best to just set the sat-nav to avoid toll roads with Car des Vernhes as a destination and see where the road takes us, stopping off as we please?

Thank you in advance for your help(y)

Jul 13, 2008
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2007
Head towards Reims - Troyes then into the Morvan region - Autun.

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
By pure coincidence we have just stopped off there again on our way home from Spain.
The fairly direct route we used (in reverse) is Calais, La Mailleraye-sur-Seine (or Rouen if you don't want the detour) Chartres, Orleans, Limoges, Rodez, Salles Curan.
No tolls, a fair amount of good free motorway and all the roads were excellent.
Lots of Aires en-route to chose and lots of lovely places to linger and explore if you go a little 'off piste'.
Thanks for your kind words about the blog. (y):D

Richard.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Hellski

Hellski

Free Member
Mar 28, 2016
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto 76 LE
Exp
By pure coincidence we have just stopped off there again on our way home from Spain.
The fairly direct route we used (in reverse) is Calais, La Mailleraye-sur-Seine (or Rouen if you don't want the detour) Chartres, Orleans, Limoges, Rodez, Salles Curan.
No tolls, a fair amount of good free motorway and all the roads were excellent.
Lots of Aires en-route to chose and lots of lovely places to linger and explore if you go a little 'off piste'.
Thanks for your kind words about the blog. (y):D

Richard.

Thank you for your input Richard, sounds perfect, I will input the places suggested as waypoints and look forward to seeing where the road takes us(y)

Looking forward to the next update on your blog;)

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
Looking forward to the next update on your blog;)
I really must get round to writing something.
Been away for six weeks and haven't written a single word.
It's all the fault of Spain and Totana.
I got a bad dose of Mãnanaitis which results in everything being put off until tomorrow. :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Richard.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back