Vision Plus TV Aerial on Retractable Pole Water Leak (1 Viewer)

Nov 8, 2020
Harpenden
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Comanche
Exp
Hi Everyone
Every European/British van I have ever owned that has had the retractable Vision Plus TV aerials fitted, (which has been most of them,) at some point has leaked water into the van. There have been post about this problem with varied results. Some leak through the top of the mast. (Rare). Some leak through the gasket at the base, (fairly common), and some leak around the rubber gland that seals on to the retractable mast. (Very common.). In my case, every time it has been the rubber gland. This gland is exposed to the sun and rain 24/7. Rubber does go hard with age especially if exposed to the sun. To eliminate this problem once and for all, I have designed a little umbrella that clamps to the mast tube just under the aerial. This protects the rubber gland from the elements totally while the aerial is retracted, and still creates a bit of protection as a deflector while erected. It is 3D printed from a plastic called ASA which is highly resistant to UV rays from the sun and obviously water proof. If you do OR don’t have a leak, this will protect the gland and prevent leaks that are present or looming in the future. You can find It in the classified if you would like one.

Stay Safe Everyone. Paul and Chrissy.

A33AB423-2748-478C-A7B5-E3B1FD42DB30.jpeg B1D4C47D-2BFA-4075-8407-6658BD09F643.jpeg 3ED08BDE-6236-4CEC-856E-ECECFD5018B3.jpeg

Nov 18, 2023
Funster No
MH
Bailey Unicorn Madri
Hi Everyone
Every European/British van I have ever owned that has had the retractable Vision Plus TV aerials fitted, (which has been most of them,) at some point has leaked water into the van. There have been post about this problem with varied results. Some leak through the top of the mast. (Rare). Some leak through the gasket at the base, (fairly common), and some leak around the rubber gland that seals on to the retractable mast. (Very common.). In my case, every time it has been the rubber gland. This gland is exposed to the sun and rain 24/7. Rubber does go hard with age especially if exposed to the sun. To eliminate this problem once and for all, I have designed a little umbrella that clamps to the mast tube just under the aerial. This protects the rubber gland from the elements totally while the aerial is retracted, and still creates a bit of protection as a deflector while erected. It is 3D printed from a plastic called ASA which is highly resistant to UV rays from the sun and obviously water proof. If you do OR don’t have a leak, this will protect the gland and prevent leaks that are present or looming in the future. You can find It in the classified if you would like one.

Stay Safe Everyone. Paul and Chrissy.

View attachment 462466 View attachment 462467 View attachment 462468

Nov 18, 2023
Funster No
MH
Bailey Unicorn Madri
I would like to buy one of these aerial boot protectors as we are experiencing leaks at the moment on a Vision Plus which is fitted to a new Bailey Unicorn Madrid.
Can you give me the link to the sales site please ?
My email is tony.vernonsmith@btinternet.com
Thanks

OP
OP
PaulandChrissy
Nov 8, 2020
Harpenden
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Comanche
Exp
I would like to buy one of these aerial boot protectors as we are experiencing leaks at the moment on a Vision Plus which is fitted to a new Bailey Unicorn Madrid.
Can you give me the link to the sales site please ?
My email is tony.vernonsmith@btinternet.com
Thanks
Hi Tony. Sending you an email.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back