Jul 9, 2017
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi

Got a question for you went to hook up a TV in my MH the system I have is a Vision Plus 570 this was fitted to the MH when I got it. So hooked up TV and I get no signal. So on my signal finder/amplifier it stays in the red when I rotate the antenna. So I would like to check the TV cable at the antenna side however I cannot see how you open it up any clues.

Thanks

Bill
IMG_0432.JPG IMG_0434.JPG

Clickem

Free Member
May 20, 2014
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
7 years
Our signal booster only works when the electrics are turned on in the van - sorry just re-read and yours is showing red - so obviously getting power

Are you somewhere that the signal could be blocked, such as tucked down the side of the house?

Have your raised and rotated the aeriel with the signal booster turned up to max?

OP
OP
bilM
Jul 9, 2017
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I'm a newbie
Our signal booster only works when the electrics are turned on in the van
Are you somewhere that the signal could be blocked, such as tucked down the side of the house?

Have your raised and rotated the aeriel with the signal booster turned up to max?

( yes turned on )
( good signal )
( Yes have raised and rotated )

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Zoppydog

Deceased RIP
Jul 19, 2013
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
No longer own one
Exp
Since 2013
Have you re tuned your TV? Sorry if that’s a silly question...

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
My vision plus antenna came with a little adapter and instructions on how to check the system to rule out faults..
If yours is similar ill post a picture of the extract from the instructions...
Mine also has the ability to go from verticle to horizontal with the antenna which often makes a difference to the signal strength..

20180225_131629.jpg

Andy

OP
OP
bilM
Jul 9, 2017
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi
My problem is that I am getting no signal at all I have just a blue screen on my TV with No Signal across the screen.

wingman

Free Member
Feb 10, 2013
Romford, Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Lo-Profile
Exp
Since 2012
I’ve always found my Vision Plus to be pretty reliable. Whenever I’ve had a ‘No Signal’ message on the screen, it’s always been down to a wrongly tuned TV (doing something dumb like not tuning it to DTV). Also, I was in Suffolk a few weeks ago and had to turn the aerial to a vertical polarisation. In addition, the red light on mine is always on!

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
I will follow this with interest. We do not have the adaptor and instructions that @andy63 refers to.

We have the same set up and of late our light always stays at red. I was at a funster meet a couple of weeks ago and got no indication of a signal at all. Spoke to others (thanks @Theonlysue and @petenshirley ) who both said they were getting loads of channels. Pointed our aerial in the same direction as theirs and got a good signal on loads of channels despite the light remaining red!

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
Have you carried out all this work from the same spot ?
If so id try moving even a short distance to check again..
If that brings same results you then it most probably worth checking the co axe for continuity and correct fitting of the connectors...but ive never had the dome to bits to check that end so cant help with that..
Andy.

wingman

Free Member
Feb 10, 2013
Romford, Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Lo-Profile
Exp
Since 2012
@bilM
In addition to other posts above, this has got to be something simple? If you have the ‘No Signal’ message drifting across the screen, it doesn’t necessarily mean that the aerial is at fault! You get th same message if the TV isn’t correctly tuned!

When you go through the tuning process, you should start to see it picking up TV (or radio) stations on a list. If it has a load of zeros next to the channel numbers, it’s not picking up the stations. (Forgive me if you already know this).

Unfortunately, you’ll have to do checks in stages - boring as it sounds.

What you want to know is, is it the antenna? The TV? Or a wiring fault?

1.Does the TV work away from the van?
2. Do you get a signal with a cheap portable aerial (or your normal domestic aerial if at home)?
3. If you can’t take the TV home, link the cheap portable aerial up with the Vision Plus unit and TV in the van.
4. As other people have stated, the red light on the VP unit stays on, no matter what the signal!

Yes, there are loads of possibilities - like a break in the co-ax etc - but the above ideas will prove/disprove the worst scenarios.

I’ve been through all this myself, so I know how annoying it is.
Good luck
James

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
Doesn't the red light on the amplifier just mean there is power to it .nothing to do with signal strength surely.. Or am I missing something...???

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Doesn't the red light on the amplifier just mean there is power to it .nothing to do with signal strength surely.. Or am I missing something...???
No, in the later Vision Plus aerials the red light had two purposes. One was to show the power was on and the other was to act as a type of signal finder by progressively turning green depending upon the signal it detected. And ours used to work well like that.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back