LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner
So in essence it's the flashing LED that you reckon the thief would be deterred by? Why not just have a flashing LED rather than the rest of it and save quite a few bib? I'm not knocking vanbitz by any stretch of the imagination but in your words it's the flashing LED that is the great deterrent.
i asked a few car thieves several years ago and they all gave a similar answer,they laughed at crook locks etc ,but admitted to thinking twice when they saw visable evidence of alarms ,it tells the thief that it will be tough to steal ,they even knew what alarms were easy to defeat

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
i asked a few car thieves several years ago and they all gave a similar answer,they laughed at crook locks etc ,but admitted to thinking twice when they saw visable evidence of alarms ,it tells the thief that it will be tough to steal ,they even knew what alarms were easy to defeat
So you are confirming that a flashing LED would be sufficient because they wouldn't know whether it's connected to a good alarm, a cheap alarm or in fact, no alarm?

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
I assure you I know which is which

My record? 19 seconds in and hotwired for MMM a few years ago

If your happy with your security regime fine, it tickles me when people need the reassurance that they are right by trying to prove a point

Try insuring a £200,000 vehicle without an alarm and a tracking system and no one will insure you

Yet insurers deal with real crime, in the real world. I do wonder where they possibly get their opinions from to formulate premiums and conditions of insurance?

Oh I know actual facts of actual vehicles theft.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
I assure you I know which is which

My record? 19 seconds in and hotwired for MMM a few years ago

If your happy with your security regime fine, it tickles me when people need the reassurance that they are right by trying to prove a point

Try insuring a £200,000 vehicle without an alarm and a tracking system and no one will insure you

Yet insurers deal with real crime, in the real world. I do wonder where they possibly get their opinions from to formulate premiums and conditions of insurance?

Oh I know actual facts of actual vehicles theft.
Well Eddie, you are the right man to know these facts and the scores of testimonials to you is unparalleled.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back