Virus protection downloads (1 Viewer)

Tailendcharley

Free Member
Oct 9, 2008
Funster No
:Smile::Smile:

Morning all,

Anyone got any suggestions for the best,free anti virus downloads please.::bigsmile:

Just been infected:Angry: and had to dump my old laptop:Doh:

Any good suggestions please:thumb:

Regards

Smithy:Eeek:

R

reader

Deleted User
You could look at Avast, Avira AntiVir, or the slightly now bloated AVG

ubuntu1

Free Member
Feb 13, 2008
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2006
Virus protection

My vote is for AVG. It checks all of your downloads, updates itself and can be set to do regular full system scans - all for free!!!

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
another AVG user :thumb: :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
I use AVG but it does soak up a lot of cpu. OK when used on a new machine but annoyingly slow when used on a less powerful/old one. But as its free I can't complain (too much::bigsmile:).

ArenqueRojo

Free Member
Nov 10, 2008
Anywhere in Europe, so fa
Funster No
MH
A-class
Exp
13 years
Agree AVG is good but if you are a Barclays online customer they will give you Kapersky for free.
Patrick

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
I spose,like most things,you get what you 'pay' for.Carolyn uses Avast and it seems ok-coupled with Malwarebytes free version to get rid of the spyware.
I have used freebies and had probs over the yrs-so now I use Kapersky and Malwarebytes
paid for version to stop spyware rather than just detect and get rid.

evans88

Free Member
Jul 8, 2008
South Devon
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
No firewall with AVG. I use Comodo which uodates daily and has the firewall. Computer also runs quicker since I ditched AVG.

andycotterell

Free Member
Apr 13, 2009
Europe-wide
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
I can recommend Spybot Search and Destroy, which I've been using for a few years. As well as active malware protection and full system sweeps it also intelligently controls all registry and start-up changes and allows you to intervene.

You can read more and download here:
The home of Spybot-S&D!

I wouldn't personally recommend AVG (although a lot of people are happy with it) as it seems to run a lot of resource-hungry processes.

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
I use AVGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGIYKGvbldckjnweklf vwgwfn vwlrjtcgtgegjve;kmcv ,xzmvlkfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffmv ler. ,tmgkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkgmv rf:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

barbt

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
KENT
Funster No
Exp
two
I used AVG but found it didn't do what it claimed to.
I bought PANDA for £16 ( for three licences ) on Amazon. I would recommend Panda to anyone, it reallly is very good, and £16 isn't much for the protection it gives.

smifee

Free Member
Jun 18, 2008
chandler's ford
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
A computer mag, I think it was PC Advisor, recently tested some antivirus programs and the result was you get what you pay/don't pay for. Norton, Macafee & paid for AVG did a great job of protection. The free ones did an OK job.

I use Comodo which came out as the worst performer but it's the thinnest.

It's my choice because I hate my computer being taken over by Norton, Macafee, AOL etc.

OP
OP
Tailendcharley

Tailendcharley

Free Member
Oct 9, 2008
Funster No
:Smile::Smile:

Thanks for all the info...I'm now fully loaded with all manner of stuff so I should be alright in the future :thumb::thumb: but somehow I doubt it :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Regards

Smithy :thumb::thumb:

S

sinbad1

Deleted User
I used avg for years ;but because of avg8 being a resource hog slowing things down, i have changed to avira antivir which works well for me.

Personally i prefer to have a standalone antivirus with separate malware program, never paid for antivirus protection can't see the point.

regards

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back