Free Member
Apr 7, 2013
uk
Funster No
MH
autotrail cheyenne
Exp
im a newbie
hi everyone me and mrs just bought are 1st motorhome an autotrail cheyenne 696g its boss i love it got sky tv an everything we are newbies so got to learn about everything like were to go and not to go any tips an advice would be welcome
icon1.gif

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
hi and welcome check the calendar on here for some places to go oh and put a location on your pofile

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

camocam1

Free Member
Aug 28, 2012
Elgin,Moray,Scotland
Funster No
MH
bailey approach 760 se
Exp
since 2012
Hi from the North of Scotland, we got our first MH in July last year and I would suggest a few weekends away fairly local to start with till you get used to the van and see all what you need, then just go where you fancy after that, but the main thing is use it and enjoy it

Spenders

Free Member
Jan 19, 2013
Tadcaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2013
Whilst I've not personally heard the term "It's boss" before, it sounds like something my teenage step-daughter would say to indicate that she considers something to be really good! To borrow a theme from a recent thread, perhaps Doll isn't as.. er... mature in years as most of us!!

Doll.. if your motorhoming journey starts anything like mine it'll be the little, most basic things that catch you out... stuff that everyone else doesn't think to mention cos it really is so basic, but until you actually come across it you don't realise you need to know. I for example didn't realise that there was a gas valve on top of the cylinder that needed to be opened as well as the tap on the fitted pipe and handwheel connector in order to get gas!!

Enjoy the journey mate... there's a whole world out there!

Simon

gradon6768

Free Member
Aug 14, 2012
Alloa (scotland)
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
We are new(cant wait for August to come so i can say a whole year)!!!
Hi, like you we are "newbies" from central scotland..we got ours last august and got some use before the winter set in..we love it, and iv even sneaked out to sit and watch the Grand Prix in peace lol..we are heading out this weekend somwhere/anywhere for our 1st trip in 2013..youl find loadsa help on here from the many forums, and hudging by some posts ul also find a good freindly bunch of people...ps as the post above? What a boss? I always thought my wife let me play that role!!! :)) welcome and have fun :) G&D

Dogeared

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 16, 2013
Blackburn
Funster No
MH
Eldiss autoquest 155
Exp
Since 2011
We are new and found the meets helpful

Only got our motorhome at the beginning of the year, Joined the meet in Chester over Easter, nice way to learn about things and also get help and advice, very relaxing way to get involved. Just do your own thng or join in, as you like it!:winky:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
hi everyone me and mrs just bought are 1st motorhome an autotrail cheyenne 696g its boss i love it got sky tv an everything we are newbies so got to learn about everything like were to go and not to go any tips an advice would be welcome
icon1.gif

Welcome to Fun, ask any questions and someone will try and give you a answer

:thumb:

Jul 28, 2010
The world
Funster No
MH
Small car
Exp
icon1.gif
do not do i as i did
packed with house hold items drove from north east to London and only had one cup one plate not smashed to bits :Doh::cry:
pack every thing to keep safe make sure doors are locked

enjoy the new way of life :thumb::thumb:

stevensson10

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
normanton
Funster No
MH
fiat ducatti auto rller 5
Exp
im a newbie
steve

go fairly local at first get a few tips from fellow campers you may meet and before setting off anywhere make sure of water medicants battery power food and drink and the repair of your mh then start branching out going further afield youll love it steve:thumb:

beachcaster

Free Member
Dec 18, 2010
east sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
a few years
Welcome.....I have a 2009 autotrail same as yours ..............and we like it .its a good mid size van..........the garage is great...........we put two bikes and loads of kit in there.....though watch the maximum weight allowed.

you will soon settle into it.................well done

barry

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back