virginia lake thank you (1 Viewer)

Adria 5

Free Member
Jul 23, 2007
Funster No
MH
adria caravan
Exp
hi I would like to thank keith[ kands] sharon [ rockie rv]for the meet at virginia lake where we put some faces to names and avatars:winky::Smile: which included phoenix [ chris] F .. man / in his burstner !!
blondie who stopped friday night! also geo [george] in is coachman rv... a fun time was had by all, we also met and made friends with debbie and paul [ the poor relations]::bigsmile: who was there with a folding camper and there son
matthew age 3 nearly 4 who played with my charlie:Smile:

thank to you to all!! for such a friendly meet

i will put some pictures in the photo gallery soon .
thanks for popcorn sharon from holly:thumb:.

see most of you at bosworth looking forward to it

RAY

The Poor Relations

Free Member
Sep 16, 2007
Sutton, Ely
Funster No
MH
Folding Camper
Exp
3 weeks
home already!

Hi

See you got home quickly, we are home too, only took 50 minutes

we also had a fantastic weekend, looking forward to Bosworth too, Matthew can't wait to see Holly, Amy and Charlie again

How long did it take you to get back?

Hope Amy is feeling better

The PR

thefman

Free Member
Sep 4, 2007
notts
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
since 2000
hi all just to say a big thankyou to everyone for making us so welcome:Smile:
well be at the november meet , i will post some pics up in a bit.

mark.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Adria 5

Adria 5

Free Member
Jul 23, 2007
Funster No
MH
adria caravan
Exp
Hi

See you got home quickly, we are home too, only took 50 minutes

we also had a fantastic weekend, looking forward to Bosworth too, Matthew can't wait to see Holly, Amy and Charlie again

How long did it take you to get back?

Hope Amy is feeling better

The PR

3 30PM :Smile: NO problems just off the A46 anyway!!:RollEyes:

:thumb: RAY

Jul 27, 2007
West Yorks occasionally
Funster No
MH
Swift Bessacarr 560L
Exp
Since 2007
Hi from us two.

Although we only stayed Friday night (a family do to go to on the Saturday), it was great to catch up with everyone, and to meet some new folk too.

Huge thanks - as ever to Keith and Sharon for organising the meet. You know who's loss, is our gain :thumb:

Look forward to catching up with you all again at Bosworth.

Cheers

Pete and Di

ps As we were leaving, the entertainment was in full swing around Keith's van - did the bouncy castle ever arrive??!! :ROFLMAO:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Once again a big thank you to Keith and Sharon for another succsessfull Informal Meet,Friday night was chaterbox night and we were all under Kands awning drinking and putting the world to rights, unfortunately sat night was cold and few ventured out after retuning to their vans for tea, Only the hard noses remained Keith and I sat out till 10.30 but I caved in when i could no longer feel my legs (and Keith wouldn't let me feel his:ROFLMAO:)
Only I had the nerve to ask Mark what the F stood for in his site name and it must, im afraid remain a site secret, well Pammy knows now too cos she said i would'nt get any tea unless i told her, looking foward to the next one already
Geo

R

RockieRV

Deleted User
Hi everyone.......

I could witter on in true Sharon fashion, but I'm not going to. I had a fantastic weekend thanks to the great company we had.

Look forward to seeing everyone at future meets. York show next week, Grand opening meet at the end of this month. (Please see my sig link for next month :ROFLMAO:)

I have taken the liberty of adding thefman to list on calendar for November's Hollyfast meet, even though I have no idea what the f stands for.

Deb - (The Poor Relations) please let me know if I can add your name to the Bosworth meet. If you have trouble getting panel heaters, there will always be someone to lend you one or three.....

Thanks again everybody :thumb::thumb:

The Poor Relations

Free Member
Sep 16, 2007
Sutton, Ely
Funster No
MH
Folding Camper
Exp
3 weeks
Hi Sharon

Yes please, add us to your list for Bosworth, it is only about 2 hours away for us, can't wait for the next installment of how far you can send 'waste' with the use of a macerator!!!!!!!! , how conversations changed from macerators to how somoenes green tea looked like it had been passed already.

Sorry, on a serious note we can't wait to meet up again we had a fantastic time, we actually talked to each other the whoel way home in the car, actually had so much to talk about after meeting so many great people on Saturday/Sunday.

You must be the only person that does not know what the 'f' stands for in thefman!!!!

Deb (The PR's)

The Poor Relations

Free Member
Sep 16, 2007
Sutton, Ely
Funster No
MH
Folding Camper
Exp
3 weeks
Sorry Sharon

Just asked, and he told me

Was holding Sukie the dog by her tail at the time, no honestly, he just told me

I don't know how to pm so can't tell you ::bigsmile:

The Poor Relations

Free Member
Sep 16, 2007
Sutton, Ely
Funster No
MH
Folding Camper
Exp
3 weeks
photo

Hi Saruman

Can't believe I have a 'bum' shot on the site on my first day as a member!!!!!

I will get my revenge at Bosworth!!!!!!

Deb (The PR's)

Jul 20, 2007
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1999
Hi all
Well it is my (our) turn to say thanks to you all for turning out on such a wonderful weekend, without your contribution to the meets they would not be as popular or as successful as they are. Again Sharon managed to find a superb site and it was only 58.5 miles away from us (not 50 Granny :roflmto:)
I managed to limp home slowly, worrying all the way about my odd sized tyres, and I stopped about half way to let them cool down before proceeding home. I didn't want another blow out and will have to get these tyres sorted out before the next outing (job for next week.....)
We are thrilled that you all had a good time and cannot wait until the next outing now to catch up with you all and more ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:
Thanks again all

Keith

lugnutt

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 9, 2007
wednesbury.westmidlands
Funster No
MH
autotrail apache
Exp
10 years
keith the never ending joy's of rving..lol
i thought you had new tyres fiterd not long ago ? and how come you ended up with an odd one?
dave

Jul 20, 2007
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1999
Hi Dave
I had 2 front tyres fitted (225 x 70 x 19.5) but the rear twins were fine so I left the 8R19.5 tyres on. I had a blow out on the way to the meet and the recovery guy fitted my spare. Unfortunately my spare was a 225 x 70 x 19.5 and the difference in circumference is about an inch. My reason for worrying was that the inner tyre would be taking more load than the outer and may overheat and possibly blow out, which is why I drove very slowly.
I now need to sort this out because I do not want to drive it in this condition, and yes it is the joys of RVing / motorhoming ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Keith

Phoenix

Free Member
Aug 24, 2007
East Anglia
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Hi all,
Thanks to all at Virginia Lake for a very enjoyable meet:thumb:. Lovely weather, good new friendships made. Thanks to Sharon for arranging it. Keith, pleased to hear you got back safely with your tyre problems.
Chris n Joyce

Jul 20, 2007
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1999
Hi all
I phoned the "Rocking Horse Do Do Shop" and was able to get hold of a (only slightly) part worn 8R 19.5 inch Michelin tyre. I went over to have a look at it and found it was absolutely superb, no wear, no cracking on the side walls and shiny like a new one, must have been kept in the dark ::bigsmile:
Anyway it is now fitted and we are all back to being ship shape again, all for £94 including the government contribution :RollEyes:

Keith

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back