Virgin problem ......no, not me ! (1 Viewer)

Oct 21, 2017
Funster No
so, I’m in France and my phone has roaming turned on and call barring switched off.
It still has no calls, texts or data working.
It’s a Virgin sim, question is how do I contact them to sort it out?
Sensible answers only, hehe no chance eh.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
No idea unless by another device/internet. You did ask for the 'roaming ' to be enabled by calling before you left ? It isn't just a case of "turning it on/off" until it is enabled.

DJA

Mar 5, 2011
Funster No
MH
A
Exp
Since 2008
Hi @Tigertom

If you have not yet done so why not use the following web address and create your own account with Virgin. Then you may be able to contact them by the website and sort your problem out via that. They may have a Chat facility.

https://mobile.virginmedia.com/ecare/registration?execution=e2s1

Worth a try.

Doug

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 26, 2017
Mid Suffolk.
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Inca
Exp
Eight Years and 28,000 Miles.
My wife had a similar problem with her Virgin sim card Sept. last year.. even though she contacted them a week or so before leaving the UK to sort things out (she had he same problem in May last year)..

Virgin were pretty much useless at rectifying the issue, saying that she would have to contact them from France/Spain wherever the problem arose, completely missing the point that she couldn't make calls from there..

Needless to say on the first day of our arrival home she changed providers..

OP
OP
Tigertom
Oct 21, 2017
Funster No
I set up an account with them thinking it would enable me to make contact, it didn’t.
Sounds very familiar LesW.

Feb 16, 2017
Southampton
Funster No
MH
AT tracker 2002
Exp
On n off fer years
We've had the same problem in France and the US all roaming turned on phone and data. I thought it was just me.ill have to phone up virgin media grrrr.

DJA

Mar 5, 2011
Funster No
MH
A
Exp
Since 2008
Hi

This is from the Virgin Site.

Before You Go
Last updated: January 8, 2018

Get set up
If you’re planning a trip abroad and want to use your phone while you’re away, you'll need to make sure you're all set up.

If you're on a Pay As You Go plan, you’re good to go.

If you're on Pay Monthly, you'll need to make sure that Roaming is switched on and make sure that your International Call Bar is turned off in Your Account. To do this:

1. Log into Your Account and go to Plan and Device
  2. Select the Manage Services tab
  3. From there scroll down to the Roaming section
  4. Click the slider to the On position
  5. Whilst you're there, check that your International Call Bar is also switched off and you're all set to go
Good luck.

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Had similar issue with Vodaphone, way back in the 90`s. I thought that had all been sorted by now?. I just got a Spanish sim card in the end. I am told that 3 have some sort of low cost "roaming" for most of Europe these days?.

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
I'm with virgin and had no problems in fact my coverage has been better than the wife's three phone can you do it via chat in the my virgin app

Jun 18, 2012
Preston
Funster No
MH
Grandad's Camper-CPC
Exp
Since 2012
I'm sure you already knew this but

Part of VirginMedia Fair Use Policy
2. To be in line with our Roam Like Home Fair Use Policy your use must meet the following conditions:

2.1.1. In any rolling 4 month period, you must use more data, SMS and calls in the UK than the EU – we call this “prevailing domestic consumption”; or

2.1.2. In any rolling 4 month period, you must spend more days in the UK than the EU – we call this “prevailing domestic presence” (we count each day you connect to our network in the UK as a day in the UK).

So, before I went last year, I made sure I used up as much of my allowance as I could by streaming anything of BBC iplayer.
I will be doing it again this year, but for the a couple of months before. Plus, just as importantly, for a couple of months after.
If you already use up most of your data each month, it isn't an issue.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back