Jan 28, 2010
badajoz
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
just started out
hello everyone
iv just brought a benimar 6000st aero lhd in the uk and will be bringing it back home to spain next month can anyone tell me whats the best way to get discount on the ferry ie join caravan club thanks dave

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
Hi and WELCOME I would check all the relevant ferry companies on the internet you never know there are bargains out there. Cheers Rob:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

Wyaye wires

Free Member
Sep 13, 2009
Berwickshire
Funster No
MH
A class Neisman Bischoff
Exp
since July 2009
Welcome to the fun. Enjoy.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

trevosky

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Street, Somerset
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
on and off 16 years plus
Hi Dave,welcome to the fun ime sure someone with more knowledge on ferries will come along soon and give you some sound advice.Nice choice of van i hope you get plenty of use out of it,all the best trev and sue:ROFLMAO::thumb:

trevosky

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Street, Somerset
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
on and off 16 years plus
Hi again Dave, i have been thinking that if you actually live in Spain the cost of joining one of the clubs (if they could help with discounts anyway) probably wouldnt be worth it,i see your in Badajoz ime near Antequera so if ever your in the area pm me and perhaps meet up for a bevvy all the best TrevandSue:thumb:

SandJ

Free Member
Sep 14, 2007
North Yorks
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Too long lol
Hi and welcome
More information needed

The main one being travelling from which port as it makes a big difference:thumb:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Don't both joining one of the clubs, the savings would be minscule, if at all.

Assuming you're talking about the 'short' Dover/Calais or Dover/Dunquerque crossings, the best bet is to have a good mooch round on the websites of the various companies and see what you can come up with, you can get a single crossing for as little as £12.50 if you time it right (can't rmember who that was with though!) - this was based on our van, a Rimor which is just over 7m long.

It might also be an idea to have a search of the internet for voucher codes too, I did this last year at short notice (2 days before holiday we decided to go abroad due to atrocious weather here) and I found a code that gave me 10% off!

Just a thought - do you get Tesco Clubcard vouchers? If so, you can exchange them for Eurotunnel deals vouchers, you get 4x face value on them which can make the crossing around £16.50 in vouchers!

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

sowden

Free Member
Jan 28, 2010
badajoz
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
just started out
discounts

we were thinking of the portsmouth to bilbao or santander .its a long drive through france and i have to be back at work plus im the only driver till i can get it downrated to 3500 kg, and no tesco points as there not over here in spain mores the pitty
dave

Aug 1, 2007
Billingham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2003
Vergin Camper, I thought it was Richard Branson :ROFLMAO:

:welcomefunster:

We bought out van is Spain and brought it the other way, we did Santander to Plymouth

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back