Violation Notice - Speeding (1 Viewer)

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Is it a recent article? I ask because it says ' so far this year'... So if it true!! then on average say 1500 Brits are caught everyday, especially when through January-April etc I doubt there are any more than 1500 british vehicles travelling throughout the whole of France on any particular day. A serious case of serial driving without due care and attention!!!

Why the DVLA would have the number of other EU countries offenders is also a mystery..
i suppose the 1500 also includes cars and lorrys and maybe even motor bikes, only a few motorhomes,

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
also the village sign idea i think is a good one , if you see one you know the limit , speed signs could be anything.

tuscancouple

Free Member
Oct 8, 2007
Kent
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since 2007
also the village sign idea i think is a good one , if you see one you know the limit , speed signs could be anything.
It would appear not everybody knows this :). We lived there in the 70s and it was in use then, also in Germany. Not difficult, town sign = 50kph, town sign with red line through = some other limit, simple.

Mick

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

john lillie

Banned
Life Ban
May 11, 2016
leicestershire
Funster No
MH
a class euramobil
Exp
25 years
Is it a recent article? I ask because it says ' so far this year'... So if it true!! then on average say 1500 Brits are caught everyday, especially when through January-April etc I doubt there are any more than 1500 british vehicles travelling throughout the whole of France on any particular day. A serious case of serial driving without due care and attention!!!

Why the DVLA would have the number of other EU countries offenders is also a mystery..
not other EU country offenders, other EU country fines against Brits. Figure is for the first six months of this year. Last year's total was 80- odd thousand, number this year has rocketed because of Macron's policies

john lillie

Banned
Life Ban
May 11, 2016
leicestershire
Funster No
MH
a class euramobil
Exp
25 years
just to clarify, DVLA responded with requests for driver offender's details in this year so far- France 239746,total for whole of EU, 362097,. the whole year for Brits in 2017 was 80595 to the whole of the EU. These are official DVLA figures . I read somewhere recently that it was part of Macron's campaign to punish us Brits for daring to want to leave EU. The yellow vests were also up in arms about it.And for ALLANM's benefit, I have visited France 4 times in the last 7 years, each time doing at least 2000 miles, and this is the first year I have had a ticket!

moulin 87

Free Member
Aug 31, 2015
Limousin, France
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Espirit T7150
Exp
not other EU country offenders, other EU country fines against Brits. Figure is for the first six months of this year. Last year's total was 80- odd thousand, number this year has rocketed because of Macron's policies

My thoughts are that if in the first 6 months of the year 239000 Brits have been caught speeding in france then the quality of British driving is appalling..

If you think that speed cameras are programmed to specifically treat British registered cars differently to any others is paranoia...

john lillie

Banned
Life Ban
May 11, 2016
leicestershire
Funster No
MH
a class euramobil
Exp
25 years
I was doing 57kph in a 50 limit, this equates to 34mph in a 30 limit, I am certain that in the UK, I would not have got a ticket, but it all goes back to numbers, since Macron's intentions were made known, the numbers have rocketed.

john lillie

Banned
Life Ban
May 11, 2016
leicestershire
Funster No
MH
a class euramobil
Exp
25 years
My thoughts are that if in the first 6 months of the year 239000 Brits have been caught speeding in france then the quality of British driving is appalling..

If you think that speed cameras are programmed to specifically treat British registered cars differently to any others is paranoia...
never said that, never suggested it, what I am saying is that tolerances have almost certainly been adjusted to maximise revenue, nothing you can say will convince me otherwise. I don't think for one minute that all of a sudden the numbers of "offences" has suddenly rocketed, people were probably given a little more leeway before Macron intervened. It would be interesting to know how many French have been caught, and how many speeding tickets were issued to everyone in the UK for the same period especially as the population is about the same

Last edited:

moulin 87

Free Member
Aug 31, 2015
Limousin, France
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Espirit T7150
Exp
never said that, never suggested it, what I am saying is that tolerences have almost certainly been adjusted to maximise revenue, nothing you can say will convince me otherwise
I was doing 57kph in a 50 limit, this equates to 34mph in a 30 limit, I am certain that in the UK, I would not have got a ticket, but it all goes back to numbers, since Macron's intentions were made known, the numbers have rocketed.

As yodeli explained earlier the tolerances are clear, have always been clear and haven't changed.. But there are more cameras, and more intelligent cameras but remember before each camera there is a HUGE warning sign so if you get caught you were driving too fast and driving without due care and attention. So please, should you return, don't do it again:D:D:D

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
the express obtained stats from the DVLA, IS THAT NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR YOU?
Yes, but as it’s the whole of the EU, and the UK is still part of the EU, does that figure include offences in the UK too? I suspect it does unless there is a breakdown of offenders country of origin and country of offence
Good for you, I bet you have never even as much as ran through a field of corn in your youth either!
You’ve lost me there, I’m not or never have been a Prime Minister.
just to clarify, DVLA responded with requests for driver offender's details in this year so far- France 239746,total for whole of EU, 362097,. the whole year for Brits in 2017 was 80595 to the whole of the EU. These are official DVLA figures . I read somewhere recently that it was part of Macron's campaign to punish us Brits for daring to want to leave EU. The yellow vests were also up in arms about it.And for ALLANM's benefit, I have visited France 4 times in the last 7 years, each time doing at least 2000 miles, and this is the first year I have had a ticket!

Well done for getting away with it for so long, but your assertion that it is Macrons campaign to punish Brits for leaving the EU is laughable.

I doubt he even cares now whether the UK stays or goes

It all sounds like another weird conspiracy theory.
So, you got caught for speeding, (you admitted it too) got fined and don’t like it so need to blame someone else.
Like others on here that have already done so, you should man up and accept responsibilty for your bad driving.

May I suggest you stay away from
Bègles, on your next trip to France.
Bègues, a town of 27,000 inhabitants on the banks of the Garonne River, around five kilometres from the centre of Bordeaux, is often used as a cut-through by drivers wishing to avoid city traffic.

The town introduced new speed limits yesterday (July 8), making the maximum speed limit 30 kph on every single one of its roads.

Macron recently stated that speeding fines are being used to benefit the French health care system.

Last edited:

2x2camper

Free Member
Oct 22, 2018
Funster No
MH
But you miss the point. You were still speeding and should get a ticket. Maybe our tolerances are too big.

john lillie

Banned
Life Ban
May 11, 2016
leicestershire
Funster No
MH
a class euramobil
Exp
25 years
No YOU'RE missing the point, I was merely commenting on the vast increase in the numbers of tickets issued so far this year

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Simples not much different to knowing in a U.K. town or village it is 30
Apart from where it is 20 ?
Because they know how many times they have been asked for vehicle details, what country has asked & overall total.

but remember before each camera there is a HUGE warning sign so if
People keep stating this but I say again NO there isn't I was up there a few weeks back & of all the speed cameras nowhere did I see a sign. I will be up there again soon if I actually spot one I'll stop & take a photo.
If you are refferring to the general " speed camera " sign like the UK use which means nothing & is designed as a cheap means of making people slow then I am afraid that doesn't count. If you mean "speed camera 500m then I've never seen one.
Yes, but as it’s the whole of the EU, and the UK is still part of the EU, does that figure include offences in the UK too? I suspect it does unless there is a breakdown of offenders country of origin and country of offence

It is quite simple . as I posted above .
The dvla keeps a record of all requests for vehicle info that it receives from other EU states. It categorises each to the country. France requested 239k out of the 300 & whatever requests so far. All available online with a bit of digging or do a FOI request.

2x2camper

Free Member
Oct 22, 2018
Funster No
MH
No YOU'RE missing the point, I was merely commenting on the vast increase in the numbers of tickets issued so far this year
But you don't think you should have got a ticket or you won't have mentioned how lacks we are in the UK

john lillie

Banned
Life Ban
May 11, 2016
leicestershire
Funster No
MH
a class euramobil
Exp
25 years
NEVER EVER SAID I DIDN'T DESERVE A TICKET CHECK BACK EARLIER POSTS!!!!!!!And it's LAX

moulin 87

Free Member
Aug 31, 2015
Limousin, France
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Espirit T7150
Exp

One problem is that people doubt the accuracy of the article you have quoted, perhaps you should attach it so we can read it fully..

Secondly you were speeding, move on

Thirdly was it only the middle of last year when tickets could be issued to British drivers so there is bound to be a huge increase.

People keep stating this but I say again NO there isn't I was up there a few weeks back & of all the speed cameras nowhere did I see a sign. I will be up there again soon if I actually spot one I'll stop & take a photo.
If you are refferring to the general " speed camera " sign like the UK use which means nothing & is designed as a cheap means of making people slow then I am afraid that doesn't count. If you mean "speed camera 500m then I've never seen one.
You might believe it means nothing and doesn't count because it isn't specific where the camera is but REALITY is, SIGN and soon after, normally within a km, there is a CAMERA. NO SIGN, NO CAMERA..

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
The increase in French fines is due mainly to the dvla selling your details to the French authorities on presentation of your reg details, easy money both ways

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
No it looks s because access to DVLA is increased and France can issue for up to 1 year later ! If u r speeding u r speeding ! The rules and law are not British they are French . I am sure that you would not be happy if other countries could break British law

john lillie

Banned
Life Ban
May 11, 2016
leicestershire
Funster No
MH
a class euramobil
Exp
25 years
this is the last time I shall reiterate what I was saying, that this year there has been a massive increase in Brits getting tickets, myself included, as I said earlier I have been over 4 times in the last 7 years, doing over 10000 miles in the process, same driving practices. I KNOW I was caught exceeding the limit, but by no more than I probably did on other visits, the goalposts have been moved by that little granny marrying sh+t Macron. By the way got both my tickets within a week or so of getting back, they obviously need the money more now.

moulin 87

Free Member
Aug 31, 2015
Limousin, France
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Espirit T7150
Exp
this is the last time I shall reiterate what I was saying, that this year there has been a massive increase in Brits getting tickets, myself included, as I said earlier I have been over 4 times in the last 7 years, doing over 10000 miles in the process, same driving practices. I KNOW I was caught exceeding the limit, but by no more than I probably did on other visits, the goalposts have been moved by that little granny marrying sh+t Macron. By the way got both my tickets within a week or so of getting back, they obviously need the money more now.

For the last time, Macron is not in charge of your right foot or the right foot of the other 240,000?? idiots that have broken the speed limit.

The only changes are, more cameras and secondly the UK has recently agreed to join the pan European scheme whereby they agree for the DVLA to pass on your details etc etc. Though the UK has decided not to bother to chase foreign registered vehicles who speed in the UK.. laziness I think it's called...

Feb 21, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
Remember me? I’m the guy who comes on here,tells everyone to slow down,enjoy the ride,take in the view.....then you won’t be speeding and have a fine to pay.............

Hahahahahahahahaha:LOL::LOL::crying::crying:

Today I received my first ever speeding fine from France.
Doing 90kph in an 80kph area,on 20th June.

And before we went to France on 12th June I did my research on speed limits,wrote them out on a little card on the sun visor,learnt my 6 times table:D etc.etc................probably had the satnav on but may have ignored the annoying ratbag on there:D.

Anyway,I’m now 45 euros poorer as a result of my lack of attention to the,now,somewhat difficult speed limit regime in that lovely country.

What a pillock I am. Never mind,we had a great holiday,the old van never missed a beat,and we’ll be back next year.(y):D(y). Entirely MY fault.

Feb 21, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
For the last time, Macron is not in charge of your right foot or the right foot of the other 240,000?? idiots that have broken the speed limit.

The only changes are, more cameras and secondly the UK has recently agreed to join the pan European scheme whereby they agree for the DVLA to pass on your details etc etc. Though the UK has decided not to bother to chase foreign registered vehicles who speed in the UK.. laziness I think it's called...
“idiots” ........thanks for reminding me.........really needed that!:D

2x2camper

Free Member
Oct 22, 2018
Funster No
MH
Remember me? I’m the guy who comes on here,tells everyone to slow down,enjoy the ride,take in the view.....then you won’t be speeding and have a fine to pay.............

And before we went to France on 12th June I did my research on speed limits,wrote them out on a little card on the sun visor,learnt my 6 times table:D etc.etc................probably had the satnav on but may have ignored the annoying ratbag on there:D.

Anyway,I’m now 45 euros poorer as a result of my lack of attention to the,now,somewhat difficult speed limit regime in that lovely country.

What a pillock I am. Never mind,we had a great holiday,the old van never missed a beat,and we’ll be back next year.(y):D(y). Entirely MY fault.
You wont be allowed on here again if you go around admitting you were at fault.

moulin 87

Free Member
Aug 31, 2015
Limousin, France
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Espirit T7150
Exp

It happens to us all, normally cameras we see every week, and next year some of the old 90 kmph stretches on "D" roads will have returned to 90 just to make things even more complicated.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Just my bit on this, are the French going on about this, there must be millions more of them on French roads , how many of them show up on these figures.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
UK has recently agreed to join the pan European scheme whereby they agree for the DVLA to pass on your details etc etc.

No they haven't. They opted out along withe Ireland & the Danes. So the scum changed it to a "safety" directive which means no one has an opt out & everyone has to enforce it.
Though the UK has decided not to bother to chase foreign registered vehicles who speed in the UK.. laziness I think it's called...
The UK requires that the actual driver is identified. Everyone else just fines the owner. That's why they do not bother as under UK law they have to have the actual driver.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back