LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
So, at 68, what will they demand from me, and why are the snowflake under 35's allowed to be let off with these heinous offences. :giggle::giggle:
The quick answer is "You voted leave didnt you ?(y)

However i think the longer answer is that you have interpreted the numbers as speed (MPH) but they are the amount of micrograms of breath to millilitres of breath so age has nothing to do with it.

tuscancouple

Free Member
Oct 8, 2007
Kent
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since 2007
However i think the longer answer is that you have interpreted the numbers as speed (MPH) but they are the amount of micrograms of breath to millilitres of breath so age has nothing to do with it.

Guess it's a Specsavers issue :D

Mick

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Why we are talking about paying methods, I found out Metro Bank doesn't add any charges for foreign debit card transactions and you get a very good exchange rate. I recently paid a bill in Belgium for €7000 with mine.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
I found out Metro Bank doesn't add any charges for foreign debit card transactions and you get a very good exchange rate.
We've been with them Lenny, since the Norwich & Peterborough (Yorkshire Building Society), forced out current account holders, and are also very happy with Metro's debit card accounts. (y)

Cheers,

Jock. :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lot lover

Free Member
May 13, 2016
Lot, France
Funster No
MH
Le Voyageur Integral
Exp
New boy
A month or so ago an Englishfriend received notice of a fine from last October. Twas on the road to Dreux, which he uses, so could have been legit especially as he kept telling co -driver that speed limit had been reduced to 80 but co -driver insisted that "if the sign says 90 Ican do 90".

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
A month or so ago an Englishfriend received notice of a fine from last October. Twas on the road to Dreux, which he uses, so could have been legit especially as he kept telling co -driver that speed limit had been reduced to 80 but co -driver insisted that "if the sign says 90 Ican do 90".
I got shouted down on here when I said some areas the speed limit had changed but not the signs :ROFLMAO:

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
We've been with them Lenny, since the Norwich & Peterborough (Yorkshire Building Society), forced out current account holders, and are also very happy with Metro's debit card accounts. (y)

Cheers,

Jock. :)
Me too changed to N & P when NW started charging.

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
This is a very interesting question; most proposal forms contain questions on the general lines of; “have you been fined or convicted of a motoring offence in the last 5 years.

As t insurance the insurance contract is based on uberrimae fide (utmost good faith) I suppose that it could be argued that a speeding fine in another country should be declared and the failure to do so could affect the validity of the policy.

However, I could only see this being upheld if numerous fines had been levied and the non-disclosure of these events did not allow the Underwriter properly to assess the risk.

I must admit that if I received a fine from France/Spain I wouldn’t declare it and in the extremely unlikely event of the insurer finding out it would be a case of “sorry, pardon didn’t realise I had to declare offences committed abroad

If there are two people on the Insurance Certificate, then I would argue that, as the french do not issue a fine against the driver, and the fact that it would seem, in many instances that the driver could not be identified, then it would not be fair to declare that you, as the registered keeper have been penalised.
ie I wouldn't inform the Insurance Co.

Lot lover

Free Member
May 13, 2016
Lot, France
Funster No
MH
Le Voyageur Integral
Exp
New boy
If you are the registered keeper then you HAVE been fined. But lie if you wish, you can always moan about the unfairness when your insurance company declines to pay out.

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
It gets better. I have just tried again to pay my 50 euro fine, this make 4 attempts, and it is still failing. I have phoned nationwide to find out what is the problem and they can see the 4 tries and say it is the collection agency failing to process correctly. Tried phoning and, after 3 minutes on hold, they disconnect you, so reverted to email to try to sort this out. This is a fine from Spain not France but suppose the heading says it all: myfines.eu. must be getting them all in before we leave this god forsaken cabal.

I make no apologies for being cynical on your problem BUT, myfines.eu is a domain available for purchase???

Gus Lopez has already said that he (and he lives in Spain) would expect such a notice to come from Traffico and no one else.
It might be worth making an enquiry with them or alternatively on N332 the F/B page run by the Police in Spain.

OP
OP
C

Camdoon

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Supreme
Exp
Anyone pay for the Telegraph? There appears to be something going on behind the firewall re French Speeding tickets. Don't think it will be to our advantage but interested anyway.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
OP
OP
C

Camdoon

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Supreme
Exp
Can't read it unless you register.
Hence the first sentence. I thought there was more chance of someone having a subscription to the Telegraph (as opposed to the Grauniad) :) The gist would appear to be Macron ensuring we were billed before the first Brexit date.

Lanerboy

Free Member
Aug 3, 2016
midlands
Funster No
MH
Carthago 4.9 superior
got one through the other day for doing 77 in a 70 zone paid the 45 euro fine same day not worth contesting i'm just wondering now if I will get a few more through over the next year :whew:

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
Anyone pay for the Telegraph? There appears to be something going on behind the firewall re French Speeding tickets. Don't think it will be to our advantage but interested anyway.
Copied from today’s Telegraph.
I think the reply is little different from what has been said on Fun many times:-

I received a letter from Paris, informing me of a speeding offence that took place in August last year. It says that if I pay the fine within 46 days, it would be reduced to 45 euros. Is there no limit for serving such a penalty notice? The speed recorded was 87kph in an 80kph area, which used to be 90, but the lower limit was not posted. Do I have to pay? TM

I received eight similar emails. Blame President Macron for imposing a universal 80kph speed limit and French bureaucrats for thinking we’d be out of Europe by March 29 so they’d better get cracking with the backlog of speeding tickets. If you don’t pay, depending on Brexit, they might still be able to pursue you via the DVLA. They have already obtained your address from the DVLA.

Richard.

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Nice to have a conspiracy theory to blame getting a speeding ticket on I suppose rather than a lapse of concentration like when I got mine in the UK. Isn,t the increase in tickets one of the the reasons for the Jillets Jaunne and aren't they all in France? Are the complainers about gettng a ticket not exactly the same crowd who would complain if people from other countries visiting here did not obey our laws!!!!!

john lillie

Banned
Life Ban
May 11, 2016
leicestershire
Funster No
MH
a class euramobil
Exp
25 years
just got back from France - SPEEDING FINE, 90 Euros! Doing 57kmh in 50kmh limit, has it just gone up? Given 46 days to pay, so they can wait till then! Or, if Robin Tillbrook case wins, and we are out before fine is due can they still claim against me?

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
It would seem that the fine for speeding in rural areas is usually 45€ but in towns/villages 90€.
Sensible I suppose, as it is potentially more dangerous where there are likely to be more people about.

Richard

tuscancouple

Free Member
Oct 8, 2007
Kent
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since 2007

john lillie

Banned
Life Ban
May 11, 2016
leicestershire
Funster No
MH
a class euramobil
Exp
25 years
according to the Sunday Express, France, so far this year, have issued 239,746 speeding fines to British drivers!(2 of them to me). Having serious thoughts about visiting France again, might go via Holland or Spain in future, and no I'm not a speed freak, I think the French idea of village signs being the first indication of speed limits just a bit sneaky

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
according to the Sunday Express, France, so far this year, have issued 239,746 speeding fines to British drivers!(2 of them to me). Having serious thoughts about visiting France again, might go via Holland or Spain in future, and no I'm not a speed freak, I think the French idea of village signs being the first indication of speed limits just a bit sneaky
That's been the case for a long time ... what's the difference between seeing the village sign and a speed sign as they are both usually quite visible???

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Having serious thoughts about visiting France again, might go via Holland or Spain in future, and no I'm not a speed freak, I think the French idea of village signs being the first indication of speed limits just a bit sneaky

Same in most countries in mainland Europe you had better stick to the UK. :D

john lillie

Banned
Life Ban
May 11, 2016
leicestershire
Funster No
MH
a class euramobil
Exp
25 years
might just do that! I disagree, a speed sign is much more obvious, it's easy to miss a village sign if your attention is elsewhere, like a cyclist or pedestrian. A big round number is far more visible than a pale yellow sign lower down, that's why I don't get caught in UK!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back