Violation Notice - Speeding (1 Viewer)

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
In a momentary lapse of concentration earlier today on the D1001/D907, Abbeville to Boulogne, I was flashed by a facing camera on a sweeping right hand bend. My speedo read 85Kph in an 80Kph zone.
The strange thing is, that the flash was green due to someone completely covering the flash light and camera lens with green plastic. That's the only misdemeanor I believe, on our return trip to Spain and back, though I think I may have got away with that one. ;)

What I have found is that I am constantly watching my speedo, and struggling to maintain a crusing speed of 80Kph in 5th gear. The vehicles under 3.5t which normally drove at speeds just under 90Kph, are now driving at speeds under 80Kph, which means we spend a lot of our time in 4th gear, wasting fuel due to higher revs. :(

Cheers,

Jock. :)
Got me worried now Jock as I can’t remember a camera on a sweeping bend on that road and we use that route a lot.
Have the swines put a new one in or was it one of those temporary ones in the big white triangular box?
Will have to take a bit more care from now on with so many people getting fines.

If your speedo was showing 85 in a 80 limit you should be OK as your speed was probably 82-83kph. That’s within the margin for error I believe.

Best of luck.

Richard.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Got me worried now Jock as I can’t remember a camera on a sweeping bend on that road and we use that route a lot.
Have the swines put a new one in or was it one of those temporary ones in the big white triangular box?
Will have to take a bit more care from now on with so many people getting fines.

If your speedo was showing 85 in a 80 limit you should be OK as your speed was probably 82-83kph. That’s within the margin for error I believe.

Best of luck.

Richard.
Richard, it was one of those grey ones with the black and yellow edging tape, like the one in this link,
however, the facia and lens were covered with a green/yellow plastic, which really did knock down the intensity of the flash, so I am hoping that it was enough to obscure any images. :pray:

Cheers,

P.S. Diesel in Abbeyville was 1.42 at Total, and 1.40 at Hyper U and Intermache. ;)

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
Got one today....

I know exactly where it was on the 1/10/18 and was 5km over 50km limit ... €90... I did the crime so I’ve paid the fine..:doh:
How did you pay. A friend of ours has just got a ticket when he got home on sunday (from october last year) he reckons it will cost him £25 just in bank fees to pay the fine??? Surely that cant be right ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

SandraL

Free Member
Jan 24, 2012
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Hymer b694sl
Exp
Since 2012 + Caravanner for 20+ years
I have had to pay some hospital bills in france
Electronic transfer £25 ish, . Euro cheque from Santander branch £10, I bank with them.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
How did you pay. A friend of ours has just got a ticket when he got home on sunday (from october last year) he reckons it will cost him £25 just in bank fees to pay the fine??? Surely that cant be right ?
Silly to use your bank acount for foreign payments, one of the easiest ways is to use a Revolut account. You can transfer up to £5k without charges (only 0.5% above £5k) and you get interbank exchange rate.

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
When i paid for my crit air discs i paid by card with no added fees, juat the exchange rate at the time?

Quick Quick

Free Member
Apr 25, 2017
Clevedon, N Somerset
Funster No
MH
Chausson Welcome 510
Exp
4 years
On another thread I had asked if anyone had been flashed at, and then received a fine. Clearly there has been. All part of the game. No 10% allowance here it seems

Zepp

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Roaming
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years

We downloaded the app ( yes they have a app to pay :LOL:)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
On another thread I had asked if anyone had been flashed at, and then received a fine. Clearly there has been. All part of the game. No 10% allowance here it seems
Depends what 'game' and type of 'flash' you're on about I suppose! :D

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
still sooner believe him than you, as he spoke from a position of authority, unlike you

So someone in a "position of authority" is more believable than ordinary folk?

Interesting point of view!

One I definitely don't share.

JJ :cool:

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Paid mine on line at their web site.. broke my heart but simple because I managed it.BUSBY.

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
Paid mine on line at their web site.. broke my heart but simple because I managed it.BUSBY.
Credit card/ debit card? Any additional fees?

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
Got home yesterday after 5 weeks away and after all the tales of fines from last year was fearful of what might be waiting on the door mat.
Phew!!!!
Been through the pile of mail and nothing.
I must admit to being much more careful over the last week or so. Got flashed once on the A28 but was well under the limit. It obviously thought we were a truck, but to be safe i have downloaded the video clip from the dash cam...........just in case.

Richard.

Oct 27, 2017
Scotland/Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer (T class GT)
Exp
12months
@Clarky is your sigh of relief not a little early? I only received mine a couple of weeks ago having committed the offence in the second week of September 2018.:)

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better

I payed in Euro on my Revolut card, no fees and at the time €1.17 to the £... easy..(y)

Jun 16, 2014
NOTTINGHAM
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Savannah
Exp
Almost a Newbie but not quite now.
I have just received a fine from eurofines stating I was doing 81 in a 70 limit on the N340 in Tarragona on 2-10-18. Fine is for 100 but reduced to 50 for quick payment. Just looked on googlemaps and at that position is does go to 70 with a "RADAR" sign. I am normally very careful and have satnag set to warn me of speeding but maybe camera is just after sign. Just have to suck it up I suppose. :(:(

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Has anyone checked if these notices are legally enforceable or if they are actually 'true'?

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
I have just received a fine from eurofines stating I was doing 81 in a 70 limit on the N340 in Tarragona on 2-10-18. Fine is for 100 but reduced to 50 for quick payment. Just looked on googlemaps and at that position is does go to 70 with a "RADAR" sign. I am normally very careful and have satnag set to warn me of speeding but maybe camera is just after sign. Just have to suck it up I suppose. :(:(
Usual fine is 50€ for up to 21km per hour over the posted limit.

Jun 16, 2014
NOTTINGHAM
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Savannah
Exp
Usual fine is 50€ for up to 21km per hour over the posted limit.
Hi GL. Not a problem with the fine as such,, just as I was in a 100 limit,, goes to 70 for no apparent reason with the usual RADAR control sign. I was clocked at 81 (which is my usual roll along speed) so either I did not see the sign, or the camera was just after it. Either way,, tried to pay today and get an error on my Nationwide Visa Debit card so had to raise an issue with them.

Jun 16, 2014
NOTTINGHAM
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Savannah
Exp
If you have a NW Credit Card, pay with that with no charges, and get the better exchange rate. (y)

Cheers,

Hi Jock, thanks for that info. I tried with my nationwide visa debit but it kept coming back with an error. waiting for a reply from them.

Jun 16, 2014
NOTTINGHAM
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Savannah
Exp
Again i am speaking from memory and not greatly absolutely factual however different forces had different tolerant levels. I remember surrey was 10 per cent plus 2 and hampshire was 10 per cent plus 3 at one stage. But all of them are guidelines. If you are doing 31 mph in a 30 you are breaking the law. Similarly drink driving is/was 35 but nobody (unless you are a police officer) gets charged unless you are over 40, and it used to be that you had the option of replacing your test with blood or urine if you were between 40 and 50
So, at 68, what will they demand from me, and why are the snowflake under 35's allowed to be let off with these heinous offences. :giggle::giggle:

Jun 16, 2014
NOTTINGHAM
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Savannah
Exp
It gets better. I have just tried again to pay my 50 euro fine, this make 4 attempts, and it is still failing. I have phoned nationwide to find out what is the problem and they can see the 4 tries and say it is the collection agency failing to process correctly. Tried phoning and, after 3 minutes on hold, they disconnect you, so reverted to email to try to sort this out. This is a fine from Spain not France but suppose the heading says it all: myfines.eu. must be getting them all in before we leave this god forsaken cabal.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back