Violation Notice - Speeding (1 Viewer)

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Thats a bit of a leap for me but if you must- what about the thugs outside the houses of parliament who are bawling out "Stop B****t" or the Limp dems teeshirts?
I think protests are fine and part of our democracy theres a big difference between shouting outside parliament and the yellow veasts stopping traffic on the roads/creating barracades/blocking ports etc. Of course there are political activists in our system who go too far and end up in jail for contempt of court quite rightly.

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
Well I'd guess that as it's not as simple as executing a NIP for a UK car that is registered in the UK. So who knows in the whole process what happens before it arrives on the offenders door mat. You'd need to know what the agreement is between states for passing vehcile owner details, etc. You can just imagine how protracted that might be. Though six months does seem a lenghty process.

And it was my son who received one from France last week:)

Mick
There is a standard EU agreement now for passing data, but the UK has a problem with prosecuting EU nationals I believe, but not the other way around. Because I believe the French prosecute the vehicle owner unless you can prove otherwise but the British prosecute the driver and there is the rub, finding the driver.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
Apart from the fact that they under read. so people get pissed off that they are going slower than they want due to them beieving the flashing sign is 100% accurate.
how do you know they are correct? They have a vested interest in stating that it worked?
If there is no completely impartial authority then you cannot rely on politicians, or anyone with a vested interest, stating "facts"

The next problem that will come, due to the lower limits, is pollution. Returning recently usinga hire car & sticking to the limits I found that 80kph was doable, just, in top .70kph could only be in 4th gear & 50 required 3rd. Prolonged periods of this does nothing for a journey. the 550 kms I did to the Somport, including dog walking took the best part of eleven hours , all rigidly sticking to the limit ,whereas the following 813 in Spain again sticking rigidly to the 120 limit took only 9,5 hours & with same stops for walks etc. Additinally the fuel consumption at the lower speeds in France worked out at 48,5 mpg whereas at the higher speeds in spain it was 48mpg.
Why would they misreport the figures? They would be corroborated by the emergency services and medical facilities. I don’t subscribe to conspiracy theories, so in the absence of any alternative figures, I happen to believe the figures are right.

As to your journey through France and Spain, you only quoted a maximum speed of 80kmh for your French travel, did you only travel on single carriageway roads in France and motorways in Spain, if you did, then the travel times don’t seem too bad.
But, you also achieved a lower fuel consumption in France, so that seems to confirm that you polluted the air less.
:)

OldAgeTravellers

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 6, 2014
Telford, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1970
In France if they don't send the letter by AR ( Registered Letter) Then the clock starts ticking when you say you received it. So you are still entitled to the early pay discount. You just tell them the date you received it. Google is very good at producing a translated letter that they will understand.
Steve

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
As to your journey through France and Spain, you only quoted a maximum speed of 80kmh for your French travel, did you only travel on single carriageway roads in France and motorways in Spain, if you did, then the travel times don’t seem too bad.
But, you also achieved a lower fuel consumption in France, so that seems to confirm that you polluted the air less.
:)

In France I never use toll roads, so unless they are free it is the N & d roads, & the occasional double lane at 90kph- I got half a mile per gallon more in France at an average speed of 50kph . Whereas in spain it was 84kph. still far too low.
& vast amounts of the French travel was in anything other than top gear .so causing far more pollution. whereas most of the spanish kms were in top so far less.

GPW

Free Member
Feb 23, 2019
Cambridge UK
Funster No
MH
Globescout Plus
Exp
Slight to minor!
Surely the reminders are the speed limit signs on every road. All you need to do is keep to the speed limit and remember it’s not a target.

Yes of course you are right, silly me.
I never make a mistake so I should be fine, thanks for the heads up!

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
i am in France at the moment have they lower the speed limit but not changed the singes just wondering
bill

klaatu

Free Member
Aug 10, 2013
Vienne, France
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Since 2014
i am in France at the moment have they lower the speed limit but not changed the singes just wondering
bill
It's a bit unclear at the moment, Bill, best to assume 80 kph on single carriageway roads.

Apr 28, 2013
Alentejo,Portugal
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since the '80,s
Having just picked up on this thread I smiled when heading down from Dieppe a couple of days ago in the car.
Approaching a speed camera that had been repainted yellow by guess who and right across was also painted yellow RIP.Dont agree with all they are doing but after living in France for 18 years understand the bad feelings.

Lot lover

Free Member
May 13, 2016
Lot, France
Funster No
MH
Le Voyageur Integral
Exp
New boy
When the speed limit was changed from 90 to 80 very few, if any, signs were replaced. The French clearly knew that politicians bend before the wind. Now that speed limits may or may not have returned to 90 we are more confused than ever. Best stick to 30 kph as you will soon find a deserted village with speed bumps where this apples.

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
In France I never use toll roads, so unless they are free it is the N & d roads, & the occasional double lane at 90kph- I got half a mile per gallon more in France at an average speed of 50kph . Whereas in spain it was 84kph. still far too low.
& vast amounts of the French travel was in anything other than top gear .so causing far more pollution. whereas most of the spanish kms were in top so far less.
How do you figure you get more mpg in France but cause more pollution!!!!! surely if theres less fuel used there must be less pollution?

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Same in the UK once you pass the original 30 limit sign no repeater signs its just what you are used to

wino

There are repeater signs IF there is NOT a system of street lights, ie rural villages.
If there are street lights following a 30 mph sign then there are no repeaters.
Doh! LennyB beat me to it.
An extra one for you.
Just in case you blinked and missed the original sign and you are driving down a road with street lights, drive like a Nun (other religions are available) but, if in actuality it's a 40mph area, there will be repeaters.

Last edited:

john lillie

Banned
Life Ban
May 11, 2016
leicestershire
Funster No
MH
a class euramobil
Exp
25 years
This is a truly appalling statement. Macron married the woman he loves and you find it acceptable to insult him because she is older than him. Your statement reveals a great deal about you . You are a repellent and odious person and hopefully I will never have the displeasure of meeting you.
brave words from a god bothering tree hugging remoaner from behind the cloak of anonymity, but here's the thing- I know where you live...............

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
Oh Oh - think you both might need this soon.

1565436741057.png

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
brave words from a god bothering tree hugging remoaner from behind the cloak of anonymity, but here's the thing- I know where you live...............

Bye John, hope it was worth it.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back