LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
hello have any off you guys had your older motor homes vinyl wrapped if so where thank you
Couple of places round here, biggest and best being in Norwich... Expensive though ! Cost me £400 just to do a Smart Car and that was ten years ago

OP
OP
D
Mar 13, 2010
Funster No
Thank you for your response did not think it would be cheap

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
Couple of places round here, biggest and best being in Norwich... Expensive though ! Cost me £400 just to do a Smart Car and that was ten years ago
That's cheap. I wrapped a mini recently and it was £3200. It took three of us a day to do. Not a job I like and won't be doing any more. The vinyl is a ridiculous price now as I only use quality grades. The cheaper stuff would make the job half the price but it's not worth the hassle it brings after a few months. Cheap vinyl shrinks and cracks after a short while and the colour fades very quickly.

SuperMike

Free Member
Apr 28, 2010
St Albans
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Sightseer
Exp
11yrs, but many years a tugger.
Changing the subject a tiny bit, what’s new, :clap2: can you put window tint on the outside of a window or can I use wrap. It’s only tiny and I want to block out or at least reduce the light. ? :gum:

Cheshirecat57

Free Member
Feb 3, 2018
Mid Cheshire
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years on and off
Standard PVC full wrap would be £2 -£3k dependant on complexity (artwork)

May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
Changing the subject a tiny bit, what’s new, :clap2: can you put window tint on the outside of a window or can I use wrap. It’s only tiny and I want to block out or at least reduce the light. ? :gum:
I wouldn't recommend any adhesive vinyl if it's on plastic windows. Probably best to use a cling film type as used on the old tax disc holders. Your local graphics company will probably have some.

SuperMike

Free Member
Apr 28, 2010
St Albans
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Sightseer
Exp
I wouldn't recommend any adhesive vinyl if it's on plastic windows. Probably best to use a cling film type as used on the old tax disc holders. Your local graphics company will probably have some.

Thank you, but it’s proper safety glass, hey it’s a :inlove: Winnebago:inlove:. Only the Very old-mo TypeFellaPerson would understand.:gum:

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
You could have bought a super duper BRIT Elddis.... come as standard
F1536F12-CC7A-40B9-B8D2-F55951E93DEA.jpeg
B7CF6626-1447-416D-AEB5-A04E1ADD3BBF.jpeg

SuperMike

Free Member
Apr 28, 2010
St Albans
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Sightseer
Exp
You could have bought a super duper BRIT Elddis.... come as standard

The window is already tinted glass, all the windows are double glazed, safety glass. Note the word glass, not plastikyish yuck. It is low in the bedroom junction with hallway, and any sun catching it before I is up and I is awake so, I thought to tint it darker or even black it out. It’s only likkle. :moon2:

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
Stunning scenery there Ady ,shame someone parked that old van there ???
It’s forbidden land for all you over 3500kgs with short arms and deep pockets!!?
And I just know Lenny HB is gonna chime in with a underhanded route for you to get there without the Go Box????

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
The window is already tinted glass, all the windows are double glazed, safety glass. Note the word glass, not plastikyish yuck. It is low in the bedroom junction with hallway, and any sun catching it before I is up and I is awake so, I thought to tint it darker or even black it out. It’s only likkle. :moon2:
Hi Mike, if it’s glass you want to tint I’m sure there are lots of places that can tint that, just ask your local boy racers where they get their windows blacked out?

SuperMike

Free Member
Apr 28, 2010
St Albans
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Sightseer
Exp
Hi Mike, if it’s glass you want to tint I’m sure there are lots of places that can tint that, just ask your local boy racers where they get their windows blacked out?

Thank you, I’m sure I could do it, it’s only likkle, I just wanted to know if it’s ok to stick the tint on the outside, because it would make it easier. All the ytuuube stuff I’ve looked at shows it being put on the inside.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back