Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi All,

Doing a bit of research, I need to know the common location for the VIN Plate on your motorhome, if you could let me know the model and your VIN plate location I would be grateful.

Thanks in anticipation

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
To be honest with the DVLA inspection I told them my VIN number and only interested when I deliberately pointed out my sticker that has year, dates and weights on by the drivers seat.

They took a lot of notice of my import papers though and took the American embossed title sheet of my bus.

There is also a makers plate down by my entrance door frame but that gives year and there makers number on it)

Hope it helps (not sure it will though)

Last edited:

Enodreven

xMember
Nov 28, 2007
Funster No
Hi,

Mine is on the right hand side of front cross member to the engine compartment, Fiat Ducato 2004/5 base ? with an Alko chassis all of the VIN Plates are there the orginal Fiat and the Updated Alko.

The motorhome manufacture has a makers plate which carries the same sort of info which is sited in the step well to the habitation door.

Swift Bessacarr E735, Fiat 2.8 JTD

Is that the sort of info you are looking for

Brian

and by the way system seems to have slowed down again, mainly when opening a thread

Hi All,

Doing a bit of research, I need to know the common location for the VIN Plate on your motorhome, if you could let me know the model and your VIN plate location I would be grateful.

Thanks in anticipation

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

motoroamin

Free Member
Aug 12, 2007
North Notts
Funster No
MH
As available
Exp
Involved with Caravans and Motorhomes over 15 years
From memory, this should cover a few:

Fiat Ducato/Peugeot Boxer/Citroen Relay - Front cross member beside bonnet latch (there may be an additional upgrade/AL-Ko plate also) On late models it will also be stamped on the chassis under a cover in the drivers' footwell;

Iveco/Mercedes - usually fixed to the side of the drivers seat, or adjacent if 'A' class non-standard seat;

Renault Master - on the vertical door pillar, drivers side;

VW - long plate visible at base of passenger side windscreen;

Ford - ??? can't remember

Don't forget that chassis VIN and motorhome VIN are two different things eg a Hymer VIN will be on adjacent to the caravan door on the skirt, others are inside the door, in the glovebox etc... HPI and DVLA records are normally against the Chassis VIN.

Hope that helps.
Chris.

johnsandywhite

Free Member
Jul 29, 2007
Doncaster/Spain
Funster No
MH
'A' Class RV &
Exp
1988 Coachmen Classic - inside floorwell of the drivers side.

1993 Gulfstream Crown Regis - Original was a metallised plastic stick on wrinkled plate above the drivers door. Replaced with a new one on the entrance door stairwell. (Don't ask how I go a replacement?)

1996 Newmar Mountain Aire - inside floorwell of the drivers side.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
2001 kontiki.
same as brian's but not sure about the hab' door stepwell (not taking M/H cover off to look :Angry:)

john

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back