Views On Norwich Sites Please (1 Viewer)

Flook

Free Member
Jan 1, 2015
Chelveston, Northants
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 4th January 2015, first registered in January
The wife and I are going to Norwich in a few days time in the Motorhome, what are the, or which sites are better than others you like, recommendations wanted, views for and against, or would it be better to stay outside Norwich.

We do not have a dog, and this would be out third outing so far, so assistance will be appreciated.

Flook (& her indoors)

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
any site that expects you to have your knickers off when you are are going to have lots of vacancies

Sep 10, 2013
Chelmsford Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Getting better
http://www.whitlinghambroadcampsite.com
Last year we stayed at the above for a weekend as we had tickets for a show in the city on Saturday night and we need somewhere nearby.

You can walk into to city probably about 2 miles, or take a bus from the village about 1/2 mile. We took taxis back for not too much £7.00 from memory.

The site is ok, a bit basic but the location is good, alright for a couple of nights.

Easyliving

Free Member
Dec 4, 2012
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
We stayed at Broken Link Removedcampsite quite a lot, not for a couple of years now though. Nice site with good facilities. I notice from the website that its still only £14 a night with electric (2 adults).

You could brave the country lane by the site, mostly okay, and drive to the Costessey park and ride where they allow motorhome parking and take the bus into the city.

Paul

OP
OP
Flook

Flook

Free Member
Jan 1, 2015
Chelveston, Northants
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
any site that expects you to have your knickers off when you are are going to have lots of vacancies
Although I have a weird sense of humour Wildman, you have lost me on this one:cautious:.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Flook

Flook

Free Member
Jan 1, 2015
Chelveston, Northants
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Yep get it now, nice one, wife dont wear any, bit like the Dubonet girls, anytime anywhere any place:LOL:, huh I wish::bigsmile:

Flook:lipssealed:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
If you are C&CC members and can exist without hook-up, the THS at Kirkley & Pakefield FC at Lowestoft (where we have been since Saturday) is pretty good. Only about an hour to Norwich on the bus from a stop 5 or 10 minutes walk away (depending how fast you walk).

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
After his recent posts re Norfolk I'm surprised Graham didn't suggest staying out of the county rather than the city.

:welc:

Apr 20, 2009
norfolk
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
have heard recently about a kind of aire at wroxham about 5 miles from norwich along side the river. wroxham is a nice little tourist area i was told it was around 10 pound a night but def worth looking into .

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Could try the C&CClub site in Martineau Lane, Norwich.
Nice location , pub just down the road , also shops and chippy 5 mins walk, nearby bus service 10 min ride into Norwich.
Drove past it this morning , sort of jogged the grey matter.

PS never stayed there as I only live seven miles from site.

OP
OP
Flook

Flook

Free Member
Jan 1, 2015
Chelveston, Northants
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
SB, booked unfortunately, otherwise it was her indoors top one, Kessingland has vacancies though.

GJH, we have not tried doing that as yet, you see the problem is this, earlier this year I had the MH on home hookup, it was flipping cold so I put the MH heating on for a few day's. Went out to check how nice an warm it was, and, it wernt. It was freezing cold, I checked the controls etc, carried out everything in the book etc to no good. Turned out to be the battery charger unit had failed, this caused the leisure battery to go to zero and no longer hold its charge. Cutting a longish story very short, it ended up by the MH supplier Vehicles 4 Leisure in Prestatyn reimbursing me for a new battery. V4L have been very understanding of my few issues etc so I give them top marks(y)(y).
So GJH, I do not trust the leisure battery to stay good, the TV is not 12v, so I have a voltage thingy to raise it to 240v, and this would only reduce the power very quick. We have considered Solar panels, which the supplier of the replacement charging unit said he would install if required, but the cost is out of our price bracket at this time, especially as we are no longer earning a renewable income:sick::confused:

OP
OP
Flook

Flook

Free Member
Jan 1, 2015
Chelveston, Northants
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Just seen your one Larry, they are also booked for a day or two Sunday and another one:( Wendy's:sick: second choice was that.

I suggested we went to St Neots 20mins down the road to us, but Wend say's too close to home, I said, but you like shopping there, and the site is top notch. Ho hum such is life.

By the way all, I do appreciate all your responses(y), all gratefully received:).

Flook:lipssealed:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
SB, booked unfortunately, otherwise it was her indoors top one, Kessingland has vacancies though.

GJH, we have not tried doing that as yet, you see the problem is this, earlier this year I had the MH on home hookup, it was flipping cold so I put the MH heating on for a few day's. Went out to check how nice an warm it was, and, it wernt. It was freezing cold, I checked the controls etc, carried out everything in the book etc to no good. Turned out to be the battery charger unit had failed, this caused the leisure battery to go to zero and no longer hold its charge. Cutting a longish story very short, it ended up by the MH supplier Vehicles 4 Leisure in Prestatyn reimbursing me for a new battery. V4L have been very understanding of my few issues etc so I give them top marks(y)(y).
So GJH, I do not trust the leisure battery to stay good, the TV is not 12v, so I have a voltage thingy to raise it to 240v, and this would only reduce the power very quick. We have considered Solar panels, which the supplier of the replacement charging unit said he would install if required, but the cost is out of our price bracket at this time, especially as we are no longer earning a renewable income:sick::confused:
Understandable. We don't carry a TV these days and have a solar panel. The battery recharges gadgets (phones, laptop &c) and powers the blown air heating, water pump and lighting. We've been away for almost 3 weeks and no battery problems at all.

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
I'm looking for the thread as I write Graham but I'm sure you posted something about Cromer and its surrounds recently and that's as far from the border, Suffolk or Lincolnshire, as you can get. :cautious:

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
No, can't find it, p'raps it was some other foreigner! :LOL:

OP
OP
Flook

Flook

Free Member
Jan 1, 2015
Chelveston, Northants
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Okay, Wendy has booked us at Kessingland in Suffolk. Apparently the local buses cross over the border into Norfolk (OMG:whistle:), oh yes. Anyways if any of you are around that area and you happen to see a goldish frontage Elddis type MH, or if you are behind it, you will know it from the rear as it has an Oakley Motorcycle Club sticker on the rear:angel:.

Many thanks for your help, and I would still like to hear your best and or favored sites around Norfolk/Suffolk/Lincs area. Also the her-erm worstest ones as well, the ones to avoid like the proverbial(y) .

May see someone around next week:smiley: then.

Flook:hi:

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Okay, Wendy has booked us at Kessingland in Suffolk. Apparently the local buses cross over the border into Norfolk (OMG:whistle:), oh yes. Anyways if any of you are around that area and you happen to see a goldish frontage Elddis type MH, or if you are behind it, you will know it from the rear as it has an Oakley Motorcycle Club sticker on the rear:angel:.

Many thanks for your help, and I would still like to hear your best and or favored sites around Norfolk/Suffolk/Lincs area. Also the her-erm worstest ones as well, the ones to avoid like the proverbial(y) .

Don't forget your passports :wink:

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005

The CC site at White House Beach, Kessingland with great sea views is one of our favourites.
I think you are booked on the C&CC site where you may be woken in the morning by the sounds of lions roaring for their breakfast.
There is a great little bistro near the beach at Kessingland where they have a paella night each week but you have to book as it is very popular.
Take a bus into Southwold. ... it's a lovely town and you will enjoy the clock on the pier!
Beccles is also well worth visiting on the bus.
Whatever you do. ... Have Fun.

OP
OP
Flook

Flook

Free Member
Jan 1, 2015
Chelveston, Northants
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
ICR, I have been to Southwold many times with the bike club, as you say, the clock tower is great, anyone of a mechanical bent would appreciate, Beccles sounds like a plan as well.

Yep Passport all in order, so is my bus pass, and zimmer thingy, and ear plugs, do you have to ask why, I will give a hint, her indoors:roflmto:.

FULL TIMER

Free Member
May 31, 2012
NORWICH
Funster No
MH
SELF BUILT IVECO 75E17
Exp
BEEN BUILDING THEM FOR 32 years
If you don't mind a little out of Norwich we stay at Whitwell Station about halfway between Norwich and Fakenham most of the time https://www.whitwellstation.com/ best to phone if you need hookup as they are pretty limited but very reasonable fee's

Dec 18, 2010
Norfolk.
Funster No
MH
Autotrail cheyenne
Exp
2008-20??
If you don't mind a little out of Norwich we stay at Whitwell Station about halfway between Norwich and Fakenham most of the time https://www.whitwellstation.com/ best to phone if you need hookup as they are pretty limited but very reasonable fee's
Hell of a lot closer than any of the other suggestions Mark( but what would we know);)

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I'm looking for the thread as I write Graham but I'm sure you posted something about Cromer and its surrounds recently and that's as far from the border, Suffolk or Lincolnshire, as you can get. :cautious:
That was last week Rob. We stayed on THSs in Wells and Sheringham (visited Cromer from Sheringham). Last Saturday we moved to Lowestoft and today started on the way back home.

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
If you want to visit Norwich as opposed to Norfolk generally, then the C&CC site in Norwich is nice. We stayed there over Easter. It is a short walk into the city (or a frequent bus from just up the road). Quite a small site so may get booked up quickly.

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
That was last week Rob. We stayed on THSs in Wells and Sheringham (visited Cromer from Sheringham). Last Saturday we moved to Lowestoft and today started on the way back home.

Thank you Graham, so I'm not going mad then? Don't answer that! :eek:

Reactions: GJH

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Wher are you @GJH, if you fancy a night on an aire near Kings Lynn we are just off the A47/A17 junction, the next one after the Hardwick flyover assuming you're coming that way. 3rd exit and past the Shell? garage. Handy for King's Lynn via the ferry.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Wher are you @GJH, if you fancy a night on an aire near Kings Lynn we are just off the A47/A17 junction, the next one after the Hardwick flyover assuming you're coming that way. 3rd exit and past the Shell? garage. Handy for King's Lynn via the ferry.
Thanks for the offer Rob but we are further north already :) We drove up to Holme Pierrepont, near Nottingham, yesterday for a couple of nights and will complete the journey home tomorrow. Have to be back for various reasons this coming week.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back