video diary? (1 Viewer)

Feb 19, 2015
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout 2013
Exp
Since 2016
We're getting ready to head off as fulltimers and planning how we're going to do everything. We thought we'd like to do a video diary as we travel around -maybe weekly or daily for our friends and kids to enjoy and see what we're up to.
Does anyone do this who could give us some tips?
do people do this as a blog or you tube clips? Can I use my own phone camera or need a proper camera ?
Any thoughts on this,much appreciated.

Dec 30, 2008
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since Dec 2008 after 10 years caravanning
Hi Jac sounds like a fantastic idea but you have put your post in the skiing section , you may get more feedback if you post in motorhome chat section , sure someone will come along there with ideas and and advice for you.
Sue

mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
I'm sure @Jim could move the post.. although maybe he would spend his whole life just moving posts.. Anyway....

So if you use YouTube you can monetise it but that needs a fairly big hit count.

The main thing is who do you want to watch your vids? If they are intended for friends and family then YouTube is great because it's free. If you want to keep them to yourself or restrict who can see them you could use Facebook. If you want a wider audience then a blog would probably be better as it allows people to find you more easily.

In terms of filming equipment the choice is yours. If you are happy with the useability and resulting quality of your phone then why bother investing in anything else.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Steve n Jane

Free Member
Dec 1, 2014
Maldon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2006
Hi, hope you enjoy your travels. I use a thing called Instagram on my phone to post photos, you can decide who views your posts by accepting "followers" and you can choose who to follow. I have restricted my followers to close family, whereas my face book is for a wider circle of friends/family. Instagram is good as I can take a photo put a comment and upload it immediately, and the kids can do likewise (my 9month old grandson is very good at doing this!). Instagram is a free app that can be downloaded onto a smart phone.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Sounds like a good idea although you will probably need to find free WiFi to upload your efforts, trying it on a mobile phone could be prohibitively expensive in Europe.

Getting good sound on the videos will be important I think and that will need a bit of thought in choice of equipment. I think you will also need a laptop to do the editing on, and a microphone to add a commentary afterwards.

Some DSLRs take very good video, although some don't. You can find reviews on line which are worth reading.

Try it with you phone first by all means, making good videos is mostly about the person behind the camera not what is in front of it, or even the equipment itself.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back