Victron MPPT 75/15 Software Updates...Why so Many? (1 Viewer)

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
Hi everyone.
Just turned on my Blue Connect to see how little solar charge we are getting from our 200 watt panel on this grey day, with van parked on drive.
Turned app on phone on to be advised that there was yet another "update" available, "do not disconnect while update is in progress" fair enough i thought and hit the update button.
It fully downloaded the update and prompted "continue" which I did, only to be advised there was another update required to V1.23, so I hit the update button again, and downloaded a second update to V1.23.
Its not that long ago I did the same and updated the software. It did two desperate downloads with different Version numbers, so I guess there are two sets of software that do different things?
Is it me or does there seem to be more Victron updates than there are for Microsoft windows these days.
I have no idea how these updates improve things, as all has worked as it should from day one, really happy with performance, and charging regime for my Gel Batteries.
Anyone got a clue as to why so many updates are required, have you updated yours if so how often?
Cheers
Les
PS: No I haven't phoned Victron support, I am a Funster after all, so ask here first:D

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
So long as you dont get the "Support for V"""" will be terminated in Jan 2020," Like current for Windows 7, you should be OK? :LOL:. I may even have to start to get used to windows 10! Arggggggh!.:cry::cry:

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
The latest software update is getting ready for 1st December, when snow and elves will appear on the App when you check to see how much solar your not getting!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
TinaLes
Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
We are on Win 10, have been for last 3 years, already getting message that "Flash Player will not be supported after mid 2020" Bloody con artists, they expect you to buy new hardware every few years to support their new versions that are full of security flaws that will need to have endless patches to fix, as they rolled it out yet again......too early. :swear2:
Les

Last edited:

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
We are on Win 10, have been for last 3 years, already getting message that "Flash Player will not be supported after mid 2020" Bloody con artists, they expect you to but new hardware every few years to support their new versions that are full of security flaws that will need to have endless patches to fix, as they rolled it out yet again......too early. :swear2:
Les

Ahhh, Brave new world. Bit Like F(ix) I(t) A(gain) T(omorrow)?. I got the "free" update on all 3 Computers, Back when it was offered. I keep updating them. But have Win 7 Pro on a Dual boot. which I find less trouble. I suppose it might be less "buggy" now?. In the first offerings it was worse than Win8 In my opinion. My biggest concern is Migrating all my Old Software to 10. Much of which may not work, yet it is software I like, am comfortable with, and don`t wish to lose.

Every time Microsoft bring out a "new" offering, good software becomes incompatible, and the percieved wisdom is to (pay) for something new, and often containing "bloatware" you do not really need or indeed may never use. I cannot understand why I-T geeks, Don`t ever seem to understand "If it aint broke, dont fix it".

OP
OP
TinaLes
Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
You took the words straight out my mouth "It if aint broke, dont fix it" I wholeheartedly agree as that applies to most things in life doesnt it? But Microsoft will call it PROGRESS! as an excuse to stop all our 5 year old antiquated machines from working, as the drivers will be outdated, and there will be no malware protection either, so its now obsolete, and dangerous to use on the world wide wait.

Just like the current political statement that we are supposed to nod in agreement with....
No! we are not borrowing billions to bolster our country and its economy!:eek:
We are in fact....... Investing billions(y):)

Les

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back