Victron connect solar stopped working (5 Viewers)

Russ M

Free Member
Dec 28, 2018
South Devon
Funster No
MH
C Class Dethleffs
Exp
Since 2013
Hi
Vanbitz recenrly fitted a new electric system to our Dethleffs motorhome , including lithium batteries , inverter and solar panels .
The system has been brilliant up to now , amd Sod’s law I have a problem at a weekend so cant get hold of Vanbitz till Monday .

hopeful someone on this forum may know what’s happening and suggest an easy fix .

my issue is as follows .
the victron smartshunt and two solar panels are normally accessible through the victron connect app. It’s all Bluetooth .
for some reason one of the solar panels has dropped out and won’t connect. I’m assuming this means there is a fault of some kind with the solar panel ?

ive done the usual reset and reboot of my iPhone . the app still only finds the smartshunt and one solar panel. The other panel is missing .
ive also done the same with my wife’s iphone ,and hers also finds just the two items when it should find 3 .

im concerned that this means the solar panel has packed up ( it’s only a few months old ) or it could just be a Bluetooth issue from the panel and the panel is still working and loading the battery . Trouble is I’ve no way of knowing as I can’t see the info in the app

hopefully this will all make sense to someone on this forum and you can give me some advice as to what I can check . Is the solar panel likely to be fused somewhere perhaps ?

many thanks in advance for any advice.
if I don’t hear anything I will of course wait to speak to Vanbitz on Monday , but we are due to go away in the motohome on Monday afternoon .

as I say , sods law at play as ever

thanks
Russ

Dec 31, 2010
Sunny South Shields
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin i7900
Exp
Since 2010
Upvote 1
Sep 29, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis
Exp
20 years
The cables aren’t cheap, you would also know if you did it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Aug 4, 2019
North East Riviera
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Enough to Survive
The cables aren’t cheap, you would also know if you did it.
There’s lots of buttons, options, settings and configurations in the app, maybe it is possible while your experimenting with your new kit to do it accidentally and not notice what you’ve changed till it’s too late.

I know there was an update specifically to try to safeguard against this exact eventuality.

Upvote 0
May 19, 2020
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun Ti 650 MEG
Exp
Since 2020
You will also need something to plug the cable into , a device that runs Venos.OS

Upvote 0
Aug 4, 2019
North East Riviera
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Enough to Survive
You will also need something to plug the cable into , a device that runs Venos.OS
No….It works with Windows, Mac OS, Linux and Android to name the popular options.

Upvote 0
Dec 2, 2019
Amersham
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2019
Russ M, Have you sorted the Bluetooth yet? What was the fix?

Upvote 0
Dec 2, 2019
Amersham
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2019
Yep. Having a great trip away thanks. Not much sun to charge the solar panels though. 🤣☔☔☔
Are you sure? Some ppl suggested that you don’t need 300w of solar to run a compressor fridge. You can run it of a 100w. And we are not anywhere near winter yet.
Just kidding, I know how solar harvest works pretty well. Enjoy your time away and keep us posted on the fix. I’m curios what failed.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back