Victron Battery Charging settings (1 Viewer)

joemocks79

Free Member
Nov 17, 2019
Brighton, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hello grey beards,

I recently had solar and a LiFePO4 battery installed and I'm getting to grips with the technical settings so need to check a few points.

The battery is an 84Ah battery, datasheet attached.
I have a Victron 75/15 MPPT and Victron Mains battery charger which I can configure the settings of so I wanted to be sure I've set them correctly.

The default profile on the Victrons for LiFePO4 doesn't match up with the battery datasheet, it has lower voltages. Should I adjust the absorption voltage up to 14.6, the float to something lower like 14.2 with the max current to 42A?
Also can someone explain what 0.2C5A means. I get that 0.2C for this battery would be 16.8 but I don't understand the 5A at the end?
I assume that I could then set the same voltages for absorption and float into the mains charger?

Attachments

• TN-Power-TN84-Data-Sheet.pdf
    710.3 KB · Views: 7
Dec 2, 2019
Amersham
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2019
Leave the settings as per victron. You do not meet the specification of charging to adopt the 14,6v. Is way to high for your setup. That voltage is used when you can charge with constant current of min 0,2C and terminate charge when tail current tappers of to 0,02C or 5A.
You have a solar opportunistic and variable max15A. A 14,2v will be more than enough to fill the battery up. In fact 13,6v given enough time will charge to full no problem. That’s why the float is disabled or a low setting so no current passes once it reached the voltage set.
What’s the amp on the main charger? If set on Li, it will charge properly. Same as the solar controller.

OP
OP
joemocks79

joemocks79

Free Member
Nov 17, 2019
Brighton, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I'm a newbie
Leave the settings as per victron. You do not meet the specification of charging to adopt the 14,6v. Is way to high for your setup. That voltage is used when you can charge with constant current of min 0,2C and terminate charge when tail current tappers of to 0,02C or 5A.
You have a solar opportunistic and variable max15A. A 14,2v will be more than enough to fill the battery up. In fact 13,6v given enough time will charge to full no problem. That’s why the float is disabled or a low setting so no current passes once it reached the voltage set.
What’s the amp on the main charger? If set on Li, it will charge properly. Same as the solar controller.
The main charger is 15A. Would it be worth adjusting the settings on that if it's going to be more reliable than a solar input or is that still expecting too much from EHUs?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 2, 2019
Amersham
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2019
I would definitely leave on Li preset the main charger as well. It will terminate the charge properly once current tapers off. It’s only 15A.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back