Feb 22, 2010
Kent
Funster No
MH
Peugeot
Exp
3 years
Hello everyone

I tried looking on line for Vicarious Books but their website seems to be unavailable
does anyone know what is happening.

And where can we now get Motorhome books from ?

thank you Sooze

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
You can get Vicarious Books via Amazon.

Gunner29

Free Member
May 24, 2012
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
ACSI Book

They mailed me yesterday to say that they take delivery of the 2013 ACSI books on 7 Dec and will be delivering them asap after that.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
It says there is no website at this address, S

Apr 29, 2009
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Burstner Nexxo T740
Exp
since 2008
Looks like they may have moved their website to a new server but url is pointing to the old one (may be complete rubbish but some of the errors I get say not on this server)

gozomike

Funster Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 16, 2010
Warwickshire - sometimes - but not often
Funster No
MH
Wildax Constellation
Exp
Since August 2008
Hi

I did an on line order with them yesterday and it worked fine. I was also talking with them re some updates to the aires book on Thursday. I have just tried the web site and it is down, it should just be a short term thing.

Mike

OP
OP
S

Sooze

Free Member
Feb 22, 2010
Kent
Funster No
MH
Peugeot
Exp
3 years
Thanks everyone

I just had a look and Vicarious Books seems to be back online again phew !!!!!!!!!!!

They must have been updating their website or something !

It really is the only place to get the Aires books, which we find so useful when travelling to France.

We have just come back from Northern Spain - the Aire at the Elephant park is Brilliant.

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
I took that link straight off the confirmation of order email I recieved only last Friday! LOL

CarolynandMike

Free Member
Nov 21, 2009
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Liberty
Exp
since 2009
I just had a look and Vicarious Books seems to be back online again phew !!!!!!!!!!!

They must have been updating their website or something !

It really is the only place to get the Aires books, which we find so useful when travelling to France.

We have just come back from Northern Spain - the Aire at the Elephant park is Brilliant.

We stayed at Cabarceno (the Elephant Aire - No.15 in the new Spanish Aires book) for two nights a couple of years ago. It was indeed brilliant and free and a great find as we had originally been heading for Liganes which was temporarily closed due to some festival and which we had great difficulty leaving as it was choked up with traffic.

The safari park itself is expensive to go into but you can walk all around the perimeter of a large part of the elephant area without going in. When we were there, there was a very small baby elephant and I was able to get some fantastic photographs of it and adult elephants: the setting is naturalistic and with its deep red soil, provides a backdrop very reminiscent of Africa. In the evening, the trees around the lake which the aire abuts were full of egrets.

We also had an excellent regional meal including caldo de montana, in one of the restaurants in the village/small town.

We did have difficulty finding it though as whatever we put in the satnav (from the old book) took us to the other end of the safari park which is quite a few kilometres from Cabarceno.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back