Vet in Avion (1 Viewer)

RichardandKaren

Free Member
Oct 4, 2017
Leamington Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido 786F
We are on a free aire in Avion ( about 120 miles south of Calais) on the way home. Just had a walk up the high street and it being Sunday nearly everywhere is closed. However I’ve spotted a modern looking vets surgery and was wondering about getting my dogs worming tablet done there for the pet passport. Has anyone ever used this vet?

OP
OP
RichardandKaren

RichardandKaren

Free Member
Oct 4, 2017
Leamington Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido 786F
That’s the place - guess I’ll just pop in there tomorrow morning and see if they’re familiar with the pet passport scheme etc

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
RichardandKaren

RichardandKaren

Free Member
Oct 4, 2017
Leamington Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido 786F
They are open tomorrow according to the sign in their window. I’ll report back on what they say. Only downside is that they only seem to do appointments only in the morning and walk in stuff later in the day.if this one isn’t suitable we have an appointment in Etaples near Le Touquet tomorrow at 6:30pm any way. The aire here is very good by the way. Nice situation next to lovely park with lakes 50 metres away. Town high street 2 minutes walk and a Carrefour with fuel about 500 metres away. Good stopover place if you’re going east of Paris. On way down we went West of Paris and stayed first night at Neufchâtel-en-Bray which was just a brilliant aire. First trip to France in the m/h and has been a real joy. Bastille day fireworks in Amboise a highlight. Wish the UK was as m/h friendly as this. Haven’t found the prices that bad either contrary to expectations.

OP
OP
RichardandKaren

RichardandKaren

Free Member
Oct 4, 2017
Leamington Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido 786F
Receptionist at vet looked at Pet Passport as though it was an item of great mystery! Decided to give it a miss and am going to vet in Etaples as originally planned.

Reactions: DBK
Oct 16, 2018
CHESTERFIELD DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
PILOTE
Exp
Long enough
Thanks for the update – I've changed details on the Map.

The Vet at Etaples were very helpful a few years ago when we our epileptic Border Collie needed assistance and they spent a lot of time and effort to source medication from a large Pharmacy many miles away.

They didn't charge for helping and we sent them a bouquet of flowers as a 'thank you' which they remembered a year later when we revisited them for the Pet Passport treatment.

I certainly recommend them if you are in that area.

https://youtu.be/7oMqcNFbBA8

:france: :france:

Reactions: DBK

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Surprised the vet at Avion doesn't know about the Pet Passport scheme, considering it's only a couple of hours from Calais. Maybe a new receptionist?

Although we've only used a few, we just show the PP and get a "oui, assayer-vous un moment".

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back