VERY UPSETTING! (1 Viewer)

Oct 27, 2017
Scotland/Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer (T class GT)
Exp
12months
Why do some of the human race have to be so barbaric and dispicable!
This morning was bright, warm and sunny (in Southern Spain), at least it was for me.
I was walking my dogs along the beach of the beautiful lake beside which I have the privelidge of living.
My eye was caught by a large piece of blue and white litter lying at the water's edge.
I immediately got a sinking feeling in my stomach. On approaching, it proved to be a large, strong, plastic bag that had once held dog food. It was tied at the top with a rotting piece of string.
I cursed the litter monger.
The bag contained a large litter of big puppies,(probably had been 2 or3 days old when they were cast into the water).
Death by drowning is horrifying enough, but didn't the evil creature that perpetrated this act think that a plastic bag is waterproof, that tieing it in this manner would trap air in it.or even that their end would have been quicker had he weighed it down with stones.
If there is a god may he forgive this monster- I never will.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Why would anyone drown pups when any old mongrels make hundreds of pounds :unsure:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
"I cursed the litter monger."

Sadly for the pups and for you it was literally a 'litter' monger and deserved cursing many times over.

There is also a bereaved bitch somewhere wondering what happened to her brood.

It might have been somewhat traumatic for your dogs to witness - are they OK? Or were you able to distance them from the scene?

I hope you can erase the memory soon, but it may be difficult as a dog lover.

Geoff

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Not in Spain they don't!
I was talking to a bloke the other day who had some sort of cross bred pups , can't remember what now and said he was going to get £600 a piece for them.
Some other bloke had some Labrador pups as well, nowt special, £900.
Nearly got me in to breeding dogs, then saw sense after thinking about it for all of a minute.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
I’m not making any excuse for what happened.

However having lived in Spain I have experienced that their culture is very different from ours.

Their ‘treatment’ of dogs, cats and other domestic animals may seem very harsh to us at times.

However a Spanish person once told me that the Spanish are horrified at the number of British old folks who are abandoned in ‘homes’ compared to in Spain where the norm is for the family to look after senior citizens at home.

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
How cruel can some people be.

Oh dear that is absolutely horrible. Very upsetting for you to find those poor puppy's. Although I would never wish anyone ill I do believe in Karma.
Let's hope so Shirley

OP
OP
Val 3 dogs
Oct 27, 2017
Scotland/Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer (T class GT)
Exp
12months
"I cursed the litter monger."

Sadly for the pups and for you it was literally a 'litter' monger and deserved cursing many times over.

There is also a bereaved bitch somewhere wondering what happened to her brood.

It might have been somewhat traumatic for your dogs to witness - are they OK? Or were you able to distance them from the scene?

I hope you can erase the memory soon, but it may be difficult as a dog lover.

Geoff
nicholsong thanks for your thoughts Geoff, fortunately I was able to keep my dogs away and finish their walk before returning without them to remove the gruesome evidence.
Yes, I am afraid the inage of that find may well haunt me for some time. However I am glad that it was me that found them and not children or some other less worldly mortal.

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie

However having lived in Spain I have experienced that their culture is very different from ours.

Their ‘treatment’ of dogs, cats and other domestic animals may seem very harsh to us at times.

However a Spanish person once told me that the Spanish are horrified at the number of British old folks who are abandoned in ‘homes’ compared to in Spain where the norm is for the family to look after senior citizens at home.

Different cultures and different values as you say.

There are parts of the world that eat dogs as part of their diet ?

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
Unfortunately other people from some other countries do not share our all encompassing love of animals.
I once saw a dead mum cat with her babies, told a passing Gendarme and he just shrugged and went on his way!

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
We really need a sad reaction..

OP
OP
Val 3 dogs
Oct 27, 2017
Scotland/Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer (T class GT)
Exp
12months
Possibly, but you know the saying "keep your mind on what you do want and off what you don't .

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs

Cyprus was much the same when I lived there re animals. Reason my house was up for sale a year after moving in. Was never so glad to say goodbye to a place.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back