Very strange (1 Viewer)

Feb 5, 2016
South Wales UK
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morocco XLB
Exp
8 years
Van parked up in the driveway all night. Went out this morning and the glass from the drivers door mirror glass had dropped down about ten inches and was held up by the two wires that control the electric adjustment. If they hadn’t been there it would have dropped to the floor. The vehicle is a Fiat Ducato. I was able to just push the glass firmly back into place and the electric adjustment is working fine and the mirror seems securely in position.
I am left with two possibilities.
Some thieving scumbag levered the upper glass out from the mirror frame, and was either disturbed or saw that the fitment wasn’t the same.
OR
An act from above.
Has anyone experienced the glass dropping out for no apparent reason.

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
Probably just worked loose and dropped out, a thief would have pulled at the cables to snap them off whether they wanted it or not.

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
Not by itself but after being clipped by a F1 driver in a low flying courier white van doing 100 mph in a residential road. We were still parking the Moho and I hadn't turned the engine off or had a chance to pull in the mirror. The Mirror guard saved the plastic frame and mirror, and like you I just popped it back in. The offending driver didn't stop so unable to say how his mirror fared.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Hmmm....🤔 thieves would have just ripped it out and thought about fitment afterwards... possibly not quite clicked into place originally or vibration worked it loose, then warming in the sun and cooling at night (expansion and shrinking) made it pop out...

OP
OP
RGCH999
Feb 5, 2016
South Wales UK
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morocco XLB
Exp
8 years
Yes I think it more likely that something caused it to drop rather than a scumbag. But not very satisfactory if the glass can just fall out so easily. Lucky the wires held it up.

OP
OP
RGCH999
Feb 5, 2016
South Wales UK
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morocco XLB
Exp
8 years
Don’t think wind would do it. After I pushed it back in I looked at pulling it out again and it was firmly in place. If anything it’s worked loose at some point in time and finally given up and popped out.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back