Very slow drains on Autotrail Tracker EKS, 2011. (1 Viewer)

Teacher

Free Member
Jul 16, 2016
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker EKS
Exp
12 years
I have had the van for getting on for 2 years and the basin in the bathroom has always been very slow to drain. This week the kitchen sink has become slow to drain as well, then yesterday waste water started to come up the shower drain and half filled the shower tray. The waste tank was showing less than 25% full at the time. I borrowed a plunger as I was on-site at Castleton CC and discharged some waste which flowed out really well. This allowed the shower tray to drain down and empty. I cant see any pipe runs under the van, are they hidden between the floors? I will try to crawl underneath today for a better look, not easy at my great age, if you don't hear from me again I'm probably stuck. Any cures for the blockage would be welcome.
Teacher.

Derbyshire wanderer

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 30, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
15 years
Hi and welcome.
Coca Cola is very good for cleaning the pipes and holding tank. The cheap stuff is fine, just pour a couple of litres down the plug hole and drive home with it sloshing in the tank. It will hopefully bring it back to as new.

Bobby22

Free Member
Dec 15, 2013
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Rapido 680ff
Exp
since 2013
Hi and welcome to FUN :welc: Fenwicks drain and tank cleaner should do the job, also check the outflow pipe as it can get gunged up, and although water gets out it may back up. It can be unscrewed to clean with a hose.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Be careful using plungers !!!!
They are only small bore pipes and push fits. You dont want to blow apart any joints in hard to get to places like under the shower tray :Eeek:

Autotrails dont have double floors so all pipework will be underneath unless going under cupboards etc..

OP
OP
Teacher

Teacher

Free Member
Jul 16, 2016
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker EKS
Exp
12 years
Thanks to all, I wont try the plunger again, just in case!!
Not sure about the Coke though, I would have thought it would make everything very sticky.

RowleyBirkinQC

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 20, 2014
Dazed & Confused
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
We have a 2006 Tracker EKS which had the same problem in the shower room. I guess the angle of the pipe work under the sink doesn't help much, especially if it starts furring up. We tried cheap coke, made no difference to sink but some interesting debris was released from the grey water tank. Madam used some drain unblocker liquid and then flushed through with water a short while later, it's been fine since.

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
When my drains slow down I pour very hot water down and it usually dissolves the fat.
Straight off the boiler at 60C

ABZSteve

Free Member
Banned
Jan 8, 2014
Aberdeen
Funster No
MH
2018, Apache 634 150 Auto
Exp
Since 2015
I have a 2015 Autotrail and have a similar issue but not constant. It only occasionally drains slowly which is fine with me because the pipe work can't cope with fast draining and therefore pushes the water back up through the shower drain. Never had the tray full though.

Jerrymjj

Free Member
Apr 3, 2014
Alton Hants
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker SE
Exp
Newbie!
I had a very similar problem with the grey water gauge only moving from empty to full in the last few drops of water. Water was just trickling out of the grey water outflow pipe obviously due to a blockage somewhere. The bend going into the tank from the outside was almost impossible to induce the drain clearing cable round so in the end I cut the outflow pipe in half, cleared the blockage in the outflow from the tank itself and then used a compression coupler to rejoin the pipe. Now I can disconnect and clear if it ever happens again.

Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
Drain unblocked and a plunger after 5 minutes.
Job done.
The drainpipes have some 90 degree bends which doesn't help.
Mitch.

Feday

Free Member
Sep 2, 2017
Scarborough
Funster No
MH
coach built
We are having same problem with kitchen sink in our Apache..just slow to drain

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Right or wrong I'm not really sure but I put some soda crystals down the drain followed by hot water. Its certainly improved it. Helped clean it out of crap.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back