Vertical cab blinds rather than horizontal ones....and can you lower swivel seats? (1 Viewer)

Philnanks

Free Member
Feb 25, 2019
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Looking & learning
Exp
Ex Caravanner now looking at motor homes/campervans
Hi all,

A couple of burning questions which I’m hoping you can help with?

We are actively looking and researching a Campervan purchase in the next few months. Being 6’4 tall I’ve found the driving position in the Fiat Ducato‘s (and nearly all Campervans) slightly uncomfortable due to not being able to lower the seat enough and also hindered by the plastic trim for the pull across cab blinds. I find myself stooping a bit to see out of the windscreen.

Im sure I’ve seen a single cab blind that you pull up as opposed to the 2 blinds which you pull across and which does away with that top trim? We are interested in the Adria Twin models and would like to know if it’s possible to get one with a pull up blind?

Also can you get lower swivel bases than the ones that come standard? If so is it a relatively easy swap?

Would appreciate any advice.

Thanks
Phil

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
There is some up and down adjustment in the seat but I expect you found that, I doubt there is any more adjustment.
Some A class motorhomes have an electric blind that is a one piece unit I think that rises vertically but I've not seen it on a pvc, but I could be wrong ?

Upvote 0

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
the standard cab windscreen is curved, so the horizontal roller blinds only fit A class vans

yes you can buy reduced height seat bases to lower by the thickness of the swivel

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Aug 4, 2019
North East Riviera
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Enough to Survive

<Broken link removed>

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
P

Philnanks

Free Member
Feb 25, 2019
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Looking & learning
Exp
Thanks all! Yes I tried the lowest seating position but it’s still too high. Good to know I can look into a lower swivel base.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
P

Philnanks

Free Member
Feb 25, 2019
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Looking & learning
Exp

<Broken link removed>
That’s exactly what I’ve seen....thanks.
Why don’t they do this as standard? Surely it’s easier and better than the pull across blinds which seem kind of fiddly?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
P

Philnanks

Free Member
Feb 25, 2019
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Looking & learning
Exp
That’s excellent! Thanks Pappajohn! That might save on having to mess around with the cab blind. (y)

Upvote 0

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
The roller blind posted earlier appears to be top hung so won't help with your issue unfortunately.

As for the seat base lowering ... bear in mind that batteries and electrical bits are often put under there by converters so changing the base for a lower one may not be an option in which case the only way to get a lower seat is to remove the swivel part completely.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
P

Philnanks

Free Member
Feb 25, 2019
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Looking & learning
Exp
The roller blind posted earlier appears to be top hung so won't help with your issue unfortunately.

As for the seat base lowering ... bear in mind that batteries and electrical bits are often put under there by converters so changing the base for a lower one may not be an option in which case the only way to get a lower seat is to remove the swivel part completely.
Thanks Mel, I guess it depends on what’s under the seat as to whether it’s an option to lower or not?

Upvote 0

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
The second link with the concertina blind is bottom to top.....
So it is, I thought they were the same, however it still looks like it has a top horizontal section which might still cause an issue unfortunately.

Upvote 0

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Thanks Mel, I guess it depends on what’s under the seat as to whether it’s an option to lower or not?
Yup, although it may be possible to move some of it but obviously depending on what is lurking underneath it could be easy or difficult, cheap or easy. For example both of our Globecar campers had the batteries under the driver's seat and the electric gubbings under the passenger seat, but when we had an Autocruise camper the battery was under the passenger seat with nothing under the driver's.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back