LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
This follows on from my recent post about MIL's break in as we are now trying to make her a bit more secure but it should/could be of interest to anybody who goes away from home (all of us) and wants to make the house as secure as possible, if you have vertical blinds with a bobble chain control they can be motorised for £35(y) its a great bit of kit and easy to fit (two holes to drill), battery operated and controlled by remote or Dawn to Dusk light sensor.

IMG_1384.JPG

O C S is Open Close and the S is for setting various things including the Dusk level to close at, the wire is to the light sensor.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VERTICAL...Smart-Phone-Capable-Light-Sensor/253366089525

Ordered in the afternoon and arrived the next morning(y) and fitted by lunchtime.

And the spare rawlplug is not me getting wrong:LOL: honest.

Martin

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Looks to be a very flexible piece of equipment - trouble is that we have 5 blinds so that makes it a bit too expensive!
I just fitted this one to the front lounge window(y)

Martin

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
It appears to be wifi, so can it be operated remotely?
By "remotely" I guess you mean outside of the range of the standard supplied RF remote, and if that is the question the answer is I don't know as I have not tried, but it does say connected home protocol so it quite possibly will work.

Martin

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
Cheers Martin, just checked the EB listing on your link .....
"Alexa and Smartphone capability - several customers have adapted the controller to work with Alexa. To achieve this they use Broadlink RM Pro along with the Tasker plug in app."

So it looks like I could control them from my Alexa(y) .. shall have to set my son onto it.:rolleyes:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back