Versailles (1 Viewer)

Dec 18, 2010
Norfolk.
Funster No
MH
Autotrail cheyenne
Exp
2008-20??
Can anyone out there give me any information on sites near to Versailles so my wife can fulfil a long held ambition to visit.This will be the start of her big trip to celebrate her ##birthday and retirement and hopefully spending more time in the van.Thanks Martin

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
Broken Link Removed

Broken Link Removed

Hope this is helpful :thumb: and happy retirement

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
We stayed at Huttopia in Verssallies excellent location for there great market, people very friendly and helpfull, good for visiting the Palace, also handy for the Train into Paris.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

M

Madwife

Deleted User
Friends of mine were in Paris last week and did a cycling tour of Verseilles town and the palace (not in the bikes in the palace). Bikes etc were supplied and they said they had a fantastic day with a very informative guide who got them into the palace and gardens without having to queue - there was a massive queue which would have taken about 3 hours to clear!

Worth looking out for and I will try and get the name of the tour operator for you.

Kath

sadlonelygit

Free Member
Jan 28, 2014
forest of dean
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
since 1975
down behind the bus depot next to the army firing range.
william shatner's double behind the counter.
never m/h but camped there several times.

48°48'0.07"N
2° 6'18.66"E

google earth

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
Not a site, but if your in the area try and visit Château du Champ de Bataille (Normandy).
Similar to Versailles in style & magnificence etc but we found it infinitely more enjoyable than Versailles. No queues, no sharp elbowed tourists, reasonable prices, plenty of free parking, friendly English speaking guides and a stunning location.
I was glad we made the effort to go to Versailles for the history and stunning architecture but it really was an ordeal, not a relaxing day at all (and we were shocked when we totted up what we spent there!), whereas ........Château du Champ de Bataille...... didn`t want to leave.....

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
Wherever you park, when you go to visit the palace do not queue to buy tickets there!
Go to the tourist info 2 Avenue de Paris, just 400m from the palace and buy your tickets without a queue and then walk straight in! The queues at the palace ticket office can be horrendous.
Get to the palace early before the bus trip hordes descend. The tour guides are rude and will just push you out of the way
There is a car park on Avenue de Sceaux about 800m from the palace where you can park overnight. Bit of a slope and there is a bus station at the top end but it does get quiet later on. It's about 4 years since we were there but I think it cost 10euros for 24 hours. We stayed 3 days because you can't really do all of the palace(s) in a single day and you need another day to do justice to the gardens.
The palace is closed on Mondays but the gardens are open and FREE!

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
down behind the bus depot next to the army firing range.
william shatner's double behind the counter.

Handing out body armour and tin 'ats, I trust??? :Smile:

OP
OP
Mr Ed
Dec 18, 2010
Norfolk.
Funster No
MH
Autotrail cheyenne
Exp
2008-20??
Thanks everyone ,some good information here, may have to think this plan over. Martin &Sue.:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back