Verdun (1 Viewer)

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
We are off across, or under, the water in June and I fancy stopping off in Verdun for a couple of days on our way to the Alsace. Anybody been or used the campsite there? I'd like to visit the Verdun Memorial and a few other sites.

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
We used it about5 years ago ( never went in the pool!) a short walk to the town. We visited the tunnels And found the place very interesting.

Nov 5, 2013
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic e-line
Exp
Since 2013
When we had a caravan we stayed at
http://www.campinglesbreuils.fr/en-fr/
easy walk to the citadel.must have been in the ACSI book at the time,always remember it for the hill start at the roundabout just after you've left the site :D

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

brynric

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2009
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Pilote G600
Exp
We stayed at Les Breuils in the summer of 2012. There were a good few youngsters about then which made it quite lively - but not so much as to be a problem. The walk to the Citadel and the town was straightforward. We enjoyed the history of the place.
We also visited the surrounding forests with all their stories and the cemetery. But not the ossuary, the dog wouldn’t have coped. Fort Douaumont was another highlight but very bleak. By this stage H was getting overwhelmed by the awful history of the place and we moved on but there is lots there for WW1 historians.

OP
OP
WillH
Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
Thanks for the replies, I'll probably have a two night stop on the way to Molsheim.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back