Ventilations for fridge ? (1 Viewer)

Sep 11, 2018
N Wales nr Chester
Funster No
MH
Citroen Relay pvc
Exp
16yrs
How much ventilation should I allow for a small (CRX 65) 12v compressor fridge around the fridge and access to outside ? Does it need the same upper and lower vents in the van side wall as an absorbent type van fridge ?

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
It doesn't need them but any extra ventilation helps. The install manual will suggest free flowing air gap of probably 75mm or thereabouts. If you starve it of airflow it will work to a fashion but won't last as long

OP
OP
Vikdikdok
Sep 11, 2018
N Wales nr Chester
Funster No
MH
Citroen Relay pvc
Exp
16yrs
Is that all round or just where the compressor unit is ? I want to plan available space So I can surround it with 50mm insulation

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
with access to the compressor and around it, ideally vented above, as heat rises

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
Needs good ventilation, usually domestic type fridges have static condensers (ie not fan assisted) it's the big black grid up the back. To test if you have enough ventilation I'd fit the fridge into position and run it, but put a digital thermometer sensor on the liquid line. The liquid is the pipe off the bottom of the static condenser, if it's hot to touch, there isn't enough ventilation. It's OK if it's a bit warm but allow for hot days. And it will be warmer when the fridge is first switched on when it's still pulling down to temperature.

Same goes for fan assisted condensers too.

If it's hot the compressor head pressure is high and the compressor will draw more current and run hotter.. That never ends well šŸ˜

OP
OP
Vikdikdok
Sep 11, 2018
N Wales nr Chester
Funster No
MH
Citroen Relay pvc
Exp
16yrs
Ok, thanks for your help & comments - time for me to get the tape measure out !

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back