Venice - 3 nights, then Florence & Bagni di Lucca (1 Viewer)

Jul 3, 2019
Funster No
MH
Motorhome
Hello
We are currently in the Swiss Italian lakes , tonight in the Luguno Swiss Aire, and we are going to head East and go to Venice. It’s most likely we will spend at least two but more likely 3 nightsI’m looking for a site with very easy access into Venice. Using my ASCI card will save a few £s and I’m currently considering Camping Fusina near to Mira.

has anyone used this site and is it any good?
Are there any good and easier alternatives for access to Venice
How much should we expect to pay for a river bus into the City? Including my dog .

The last time I visited was 30 years ago when we a bunch of us lads were backpacking around Europe so things may have changed somewhat !!! This time I’m taking the wife, who has never been, and my dog

Following this the plan is to head South West to Florence and then west again over to Bagni bi Lucca so if you have any recommendations for good places to stay which are accessible to these towns or free overnight stopovers on the way I will be very interested.
Thanks in advance for your help!

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Plenty sites in lido de jesolo then catch a no five bus to the ferry over , all in one ticket all day last time we were there it was about 25 euros for all day travel bus and boats. Think one site we were on was something like deido doggi.
I can look it up if you want.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Plenty sites in lido de jesolo then catch a no five bus to the ferry over , all in one ticket all day last time we were there it was about 25 euros for all day travel bus and boats. Think one site we were on was something like deido doggi.
I can look it up if you want.
This is it

Jan 7, 2010
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
We've stayed a few times at Camping Serenissima, there's a bus stop at the entrance. Usually bus included in day or three day ticket but you'd need to check.
We once stayed (long time ago) in campsite in centre of Florence which was walkable into city.

Mar 28, 2017
Lichfield, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Hello
We are currently in the Swiss Italian lakes , tonight in the Luguno Swiss Aire, and we are going to head East and go to Venice. It’s most likely we will spend at least two but more likely 3 nightsI’m looking for a site with very easy access into Venice. Using my ASCI card will save a few £s and I’m currently considering Camping Fusina near to Mira.

has anyone used this site and is it any good?
Are there any good and easier alternatives for access to Venice
How much should we expect to pay for a river bus into the City? Including my dog .

The last time I visited was 30 years ago when we a bunch of us lads were backpacking around Europe so things may have changed somewhat !!! This time I’m taking the wife, who has never been, and my dog

Following this the plan is to head South West to Florence and then west again over to Bagni bi Lucca so if you have any recommendations for good places to stay which are accessible to these towns or free overnight stopovers on the way I will be very interested.
Thanks in advance for your help!
Stayed at fusina last September. Water bus from site to venice about 22 euros for 3 days .only problem water bus stops at 2230PM. They also do Acsi.

Jan 7, 2010
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Hello do you know this is called?
It was near Piazzale Michelangelo but I've just looked it up and it now says tents only, and, apart from location, gets poor reviews. There is Camping Fiesole which is less than 2 miles out but I don't know it at all.

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
We always stay at Punta Sabionni at the aire, there a water taxi that takes to to Venice about 300m from the aire itself. There's a beach at the end of the road, another 100m away;)

Jan 22, 2012
Wigan
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun TI 2012
Exp
ACSI. Agricampeggio Da Scarpa, located in Punta Sabbioni . We stayed there a couple of years ago. Decent site and short walk to ferry to Venice. We are on lake Garda at the moment. Expecting to visit Florence in about 3 weeks. If you get the chance let us know how Florence is.

D

deleted-member02

Deleted User

Only a 15min bus ride from the centre.
Not cheap and quite dated. We also needed 60m of hook-up cable but would visit again as it was so convenient for Florence.

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
As others have said most of the sites are on the other side of the lagoon at Lido de Jesolo, where you can get the boat across. I must say that boat trip into Venice is the best way to arrive into any City! Did it over 20 years ago in a caravan, but can't remember the name of the site.

As for Florence we stayed at an Aire which was just a short bus ride to the city centre, called Parcheggio Gelsomino SCAF (Campercontact No 12500). Just a reasonable safe place to park, but other than that it had nothing going for it really but was easy to get to the city centre.

Pisa is well worth a stop. It has a good Aire run by the local Motorhome club, Campercontact number number 4330. Within walking distance of the leaning tower.

BuilderBob

Free Member
Apr 29, 2017
nn297tl
Funster No
MH
E745 Bessacar
Exp
12yrs
Easiest way to visit Venice, in my opinion, I've done twice now, is to drive into Venice on the causeway, bear right and drive to the rear of the multi storey car park, there you will find a large aire, there's a ticket barrier entrance, electric hook ups and water taps next to the hook-ups, there is no WC disposal facility.
Cost is about 1euro per hour, which given it's location is very good.
Access into the city is by the new people mover (1.50e each way) or by vaporetto (water bus) that takes you right into the heart of the city.
Very easy walking distances.
It means you can have dinner in Venice and go back to your van in the evening.

Nov 17, 2012
WEST SUSSEX
Funster No
MH
HYMER B SL 674
Exp
SINCE 2005
Camping Miramare on the peninsular @ Punta Sabbioni, 10 min walk to the ferry and as others have said a great way to get into Venice and the other islands. Also tried Camping Serenissima which is on the mainland nearer to Venice but not a good experience at all.

OP
OP
A
Jul 3, 2019
Funster No
MH
Motorhome
Arrived this afternoon at Camping Fusina close to Venice. So far we are very pleased Especially at EU20 on the nightly ASCI card rate. I’m surprised how busy it is

Fulltiming Felines

Free Member
Aug 27, 2018
Funster No
Easiest way to visit Venice, in my opinion, I've done twice now, is to drive into Venice on the causeway, bear right and drive to the rear of the multi storey car park, there you will find a large aire, there's a ticket barrier entrance, electric hook ups and water taps next to the hook-ups, there is no WC disposal facility.
Cost is about 1euro per hour, which given it's location is very good.
Access into the city is by the new people mover (1.50e each way) or by vaporetto (water bus) that takes you right into the heart of the city.
Very easy walking distances.
It means you can have dinner in Venice and go back to your van in the evening.
Thanks for this!

That would be Venezia Tronchetto Parking (Google) aka Parcheggio del Tronchetto (Camper Contact). I'll give it a try next week.

Never been to Venice before.

Fulltiming Felines

Free Member
Aug 27, 2018
Funster No
Just finished 3.5 days in Venice. It was magical! Absolutely worth it. I've never been before, so can't compare, but I never felt it was too crowded; it felt very comfortable. I've read that in normal times, the narrow alleys can actually get so jammed that it comes to a standstill—it was nowhere like that.

Vaporettos can sometimes be a little crowded, but most of the time you can get a spot in the outdoor area, so more airflow. Masks are worn on vaporettos and indoor places. A minority of people even wear them outdoors.

If you stay at the aforementioned Tronchetto Parking, you can just walk into town in 30 minutes. Venice is a small place, only about 30 minutes to walk across.

Tronchetto Parking is expensive, without many services. €18/12 hours, so €36/24 hours. The big advantage is that you can walk into town and not have to wait around for a bus or other transport. There's also vaporetto #2. The People Mover is useless as it only saves 15 minutes of walking.

I've read that Venezia Camping Village is another good option.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back