VEHICLE SERVICE DONE - NOW SAVING FOR THE HAB' CHECK!! (1 Viewer)

wingman

Free Member
Feb 10, 2013
Romford, Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Lo-Profile
Exp
Since 2012
Took the MH for its first vehicle service today to the home of white stilleto's - Basildon.

Came away £385 lighter :crying: and that was with a slight discount! The service was for 2 years (or 20,000 miles) on a Peugeot 2014 Boxer type MH. Ouch!

"Sod that, I do me own" I hear the cry. I know that some don't bother, but I like to keep with the warranty and go to a main dealership. This one is the only one within miles that can cope with a 7.2m Motorhome and able NOT to cave the roof in when it goes up on the ramp!

Ok, so the service experience was good, I collected the vehicle on time and they washed it etc BUT, even spread over 2 year intervals, it's still quite a few bob.

Come Friday, I'm going up to Ipswich for the Hab Check. Similar money I guess? Better start saving!

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
If it`s question of warranty, then I guess you are properly stuffed. But most of what is done on a hab; check is feasible DIY. In my experience a "Proper" fridge exam will be an extra anyway. Along with the gas "drop test", that is pretty much all the Tech; stuff needed. The vast majority of the rest is visual. (mk1 eyeball?)

Pete

Attachments

• M-H-HabChecklist.jpg
    M-H-HabChecklist.jpg
    203.7 KB · Views: 10
Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
Hab check for my motorhome:- £120 + VAT less 20% discount for regular customer, on Thursday this week.

Includes "free" damp check.

Good luck.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

countryman

Free Member
Apr 4, 2014
suffolk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
We take our Motorhme. Hymer B754 Tag axle for MOT and servicing to

Vehicle Surgeon Ltd
Grundisburgh road
Hasketon
Woodbridge
01473 735575
It has a dedicated MOT and servicing building,a very good and friendly service,and price,plus the owner has got a Motorhome of his own.

countryman

Free Member
Apr 4, 2014
suffolk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
We take our Motorhme. Hymer B754 Tag axle for MOT and servicing to

Vehicle Surgeon Ltd
Grundisburgh road
Hasketon
Woodbridge
01473 735575
It has a dedicated MOT and servicing building,a very good and friendly service,and price,plus the owner has got a Motorhome of his own.

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
Took the MH for its first vehicle service today to the home of white stilleto's - Basildon.

Came away £385 lighter :crying: and that was with a slight discount! The service was for 2 years (or 20,000 miles) on a Peugeot 2014 Boxer type MH. Ouch!

"Sod that, I do me own" I hear the cry. I know that some don't bother, but I like to keep with the warranty and go to a main dealership. This one is the only one within miles that can cope with a 7.2m Motorhome and able NOT to cave the roof in when it goes up on the ramp!

Ok, so the service experience was good, I collected the vehicle on time and they washed it etc BUT, even spread over 2 year intervals, it's still quite a few bob.

Come Friday, I'm going up to Ipswich for the Hab Check. Similar money I guess? Better start saving!
Old school me......I had the oil & filter changed after 1000 miles run in on my FIAT, I am sure engineering standards are great but there are so many what ifs. I considered this, my van serial number is an early 2015 model so I am guessing the oil has already been in there in the base vehicle and lying around partly contaminated for over 6 months at least whilst the van was built on it, and if I left it for the 2 years recommended service that would make 2.5 years at least the same oil had been in there. Synthetic or not I got it changed and also any crap left in from the manufacturing process and run in too (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back