Vehicle safety recall notification fiat (1 Viewer)

Adria 5

Free Member
Jul 23, 2007
Funster No
MH
adria caravan
Exp
hi folks just received by recorded delivery a safety recall on my fiat ducato it say ...

fiat ducato - 6th mailing front brake flexible hose interferance with body handbrake ajustment and accererator pedal stop.........

note this is for a 53 model old shape !!! fiat cab ducato

is this known on forums before?? perhaps it took time to catch up with the van ??

will sort it next week at ford and slater leicester

ray??

OP
OP
Adria 5

Adria 5

Free Member
Jul 23, 2007
Funster No
MH
adria caravan
Exp
the letter >>>

ray

Last edited:
E

Enodreven

Deleted User
Hi, On the subject of recalls are you entitled to reclaim your expenses e.g. fuel, loss of earnings etc.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

G

GeorgeTelford

Deleted User
Hi Brian

Only my opinion, but they do the job for free, it would be ridiculously expensive to allow people to claim expenses on top and open to abuse too, by certain "members" of society....

E

Enodreven

Deleted User
Hi, George

I take your point, its just that I have received a safety recall and because of the way the motorhome manufacturer has set up there dealer network arrangements, e.g. that most of the dealers in the network won't carry out repairs etc unless they supplied the vehicle.

I will probably have to take it back to the supplying dealer some 150 miles either way, passing quiet a number of the same motorhome manufacturers dealer network outlets on the way, now that is not my fault should I then have to suffer a loss of money primarily because of the way they have set their dealer network arrangements.

Brian

Hi Brian

Only my opinion, but they do the job for free, it would be ridiculously expensive to allow people to claim expenses on top and open to abuse too, by certain "members" of society....

Rapide561

Free Member
Aug 5, 2007
Leeds and Lake Garda
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Fiat recalls

Hi

At least you have had a recall. I have four recalls outstanding on my Fiat (MultiJet), Fiat reference 5111, 5219, 5221 and 5223 - other than the reference however no further information is available.

Russell

Don Madge

Deceased RIP
Aug 27, 2007
East Yorks
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Too Long
Fiat Recall update

Russell,

Have a look at Link Removed it has been updated today.::bigsmile:

Don

E

Enodreven

Deleted User
Hi, Russell

Sorry to hear that you are still waiting, But that really highlights my problem,

If it was a Fiat recall then, once you receive it ?? you can take it to your nearest Fiat dealer as that is the way most Vehicle manufacturers operate their dealer networks, but that dosen't seem to be the case for motorhome manufacturers ??

It appears that most Motor Vehicle Manufacturers set up there networks to provide a comprehensive nationwide service to there customers, does any know any Motorhome Manufacturers that do the same ??

Hi

At least you have had a recall. I have four recalls outstanding on my Fiat (MultiJet), Fiat reference 5111, 5219, 5221 and 5223 - other than the reference however no further information is available.

Russell

Jul 20, 2007
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1999
Hi

Russell

Hi Russell
But at least you have your headlight protectors correctly fitted now, by Geo and I, in a field without a safety net or any other sort of HSE permits to work etc, which is more than your friendly Fiat garage could manage :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Keith

TinaGlenn

Free Member
Aug 7, 2007
Near King's Lynn
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
9 years
Hi Ray,

We had a very similar recall on our last van also to do with the breaks and also a 53 plate, athough that van was a compass avantgarge on a Peugeot base. All we had to do was take it to the nearest local Peugeot garage that could cope with the size of the van. Our motorhome dealer would have done it if we had insisted but that would have meant a long drive and they would have had to order the parts and possibly had a long wait, our local garage turned out to be a 10 minute drive away in the next town and was sorted out very quickly. Likewise when we had a problem with one of the electric window motors while under warranty we called the garage they gave us a time to take the van in and it was done in 15 minutes while we waited.
We were told that any base vehicle problems would be dealt with by Peugeot and anything to do with the coachbuilt side would be done by our dealer.

Happy travels

Tina

G

GeorgeTelford

Deleted User
Hi Brian

I am pretty sure you can use a local dealer, I have in the past transfered to nearest vehicle manufacturer dealer (ie Peugeout) they get paid centraly so it doesnt actually cost the franchise anything...

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Hi

Russell
Don't worry Russel nothing serious, there only Brakes,steering ,drivers seat falling of and a fire hazard:ROFLMAO:
Geo

E

Enodreven

Deleted User
Hi, George

When I had a recall a year or so ago for brake problems and i just went to the nearest Fiat dealer with no problems they just carried out the recall work and I assume billed Fiat as being part of the Fiat franchised Dealer network.

The problem seems to raise its head when the fault lies with the motorhome part of the vehicle, it appears that most motorhome dealers are very reluctant to carry out repairs to vehicles that were not supplied by them.

This was confirmed when i actually rang the motorhome manufacturer, they said that i could try my local agents and gave me the telephone numbers, but warned me that they may be reluctant to do the work as they didn't supply the vehicle and that I may need to take it back to the supplying dealer.

Now does that sound like a customer focus service arrangement, ?

Hi Brian

I am pretty sure you can use a local dealer, I have in the past transfered to nearest vehicle manufacturer dealer (ie Peugeout) they get paid centraly so it doesnt actually cost the franchise anything...

dundreamin

Free Member
Sep 24, 2007
South Yorks
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
18 months
Clutch burning fiat

Hi everyone - have not been a member very long and had broadband probs so late in getting goin - still here we go,
recently purchased privately a 2002 fiat ducato and now find problems of clutch burning when reversing uphill which our drive is unfortunately!

We visited the NEC in it this weekend and decided to ask at the Fiat stand about recalls etc.
The response - We are aware of the problem but fiat have not yet decided what to do about it - fill thisform in. BUT...when we told him it was a 2002 model he completely lost interest!!

How can we find out if there has been a recall or if there are other probs - have looked on fiat website and still no wiser

HELP!!!!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back