LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Do you actively know where all yours are? And what every other switch on your van is for?

I’m ashamed to say we hit fog this morning and I had no idea where fog light switch was.
Just glad the fog didn’t last for long. Did notice some other switches in the process of looking that I’m not sure about. A hill start and a downhill traction thing perhaps 🤔 Lesson learned, familiarise with vehicle.

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi.
Short answer..... No. But i do kick tyres,check fuel,oil,water and wheel nuts before long trip. There are a set of bars come near the speedo before start up that gives you the oil in the sump guide. Whats wrong with checking the oil sword ? Water header tank and brake fluid tanks are in there as well. Old school ?.
Tea Bag

Feb 5, 2020
Crosby
Funster No
MH
Smileo 202
Exp
Was a Newbie but getting the hang of it now.
Yes but trying to find the foglamp switch or headlight height switch on a Fiat is a black art.
You really have to crane your neck to peek round the wheel to see it!

As for knowing where and what all the switches are we have a phrase in the garage for this
RTFM.

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
Yes. But I love a fiddle, must know what everything does, and like reading manuals.

Hate this modern stuff that doesn’t come with a manual and wants you to log onto something 🤬🤬

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back