VB FSD rear shock-absorbers on Ducato chassis? (1 Viewer)

Apr 7, 2018
Funster No
I am fed up with the lousy rear end of my Ducato so am considering uprating the dampers with "VB FSD shockabsorbers" along with installing semi-air. But before i layout even more cash on what is a 2 year old motorhome, does anyone have actual experience of driving with these dampers fitted and do they really improve the ride quality on what can only be described as basis commercial leaf-spring technology... Your feedback would be greatly appreciated =~,~= Kind regards Trinity

May 12, 2018
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
Since 2017
I don't know about the Shock Absorbers, but I have recently fitted VB Semi - Air to my '16 Nexxo t 665 which only has a 'half width' garage on the passenger side, this used to make negotiating Round-Abouts very entertaining. Now a composed, stable ride running at 2.25 Bar. Completely transformed the vehicles handling. Overtaking trunks no longer cause any buffeting either.

A worthwhile investment in my opinion

Robert

Tex1

Free Member
Mar 5, 2023
Wales, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner ixeo 744
Exp
10 years
Hi did you ever fit those FSD dampers I would love too know your opinion on the ride and if they were worth the money. I’m thinking of having them fitted.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 12, 2018
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
Since 2017
VB - FSD/Koni front shocks are still on my 'Wish List', so would also appreciate an up - date. Any other views from other Funsters appreciated.

Robert

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
VB - FSD/Koni front shocks are still on my 'Wish List', so would also appreciate an up - date. Any other views from other Funsters appreciated.

Robert
The goldshmidt uprated front struts are a total game changer on most heavy vans. The Fiat/Peugeot originals are just not up to the constant loading. Similarly a cheaper option for the rear is speak to Jones springs and fit an uprated set. That massively improves the suspension. Semi air does similar but they need to be capable of the weights

Tex1

Free Member
Mar 5, 2023
Wales, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner ixeo 744
Exp
10 years
Thanks for info I am waiting to hear from my local vb dealer if it’s feasible to fit vb 2c full air to the rear axle first.

Tex1

Free Member
Mar 5, 2023
Wales, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner ixeo 744
Exp
10 years
Thanks for info I am waiting to hear from my local vb dealer if it’s feasible to fit vb 2c full air to the rear axle first.
My dealer says they can fit vb 2c to the rear which is within my budget so that's great.
Will upgrade front suspension later either VB FSD coil and strut or if I think it worth the cost to extend the 2c system to a full 4c.

Sep 9, 2019
Runcorn
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 632
Exp
Since Sept 2019
I bought this kit from ebay and it’s been a game changer. The ride is really smooth now, no banging and crashing over poor road surfaces, definitely better when a lorry/wagon passes you, makes getting level on a slightly sloping campsite much easier as you can let all the air out and the rear drops down, or you can pump it up to 6 bar and the rear will rise by around 30cm. I run at around 2.75 - 3 bar. When first installed we had a very slight leak from one of the pipe joints, the guy who owns the business was really clear about the solution, remake the joint and ensure the plastic pipe was cut really neatly, I also wanted a two sided system and he designed this and sent the appropriate parts at very little extra cost. They were a really great company to deal with and their kit is top quality and no I don’t have any professional dealings with them.

Cheers!

Russ

EC990A1A-0F97-4F65-9B6C-CC4C405F7940.png

Oct 18, 2021
Mid Devon
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact SC
Exp
Camping since 1954, MoHo 2022
Recently fitted the Dunlop Air Suspension kit to the rear of our Adria and I’m still evaluating the improvement over the standard setup, although it’s looking to be a worthwhile investment.

Anyone installing it to a 2022 Ducato with the electric handbrake should be aware that there may be modifications required. Details of my installation are at post #46 on this thread.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back