Free Member
Nov 15, 2007
eastwood notts
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
10 years
hi all,taking my rv for mot and service in two weeks [1st mot ] and i have rung the vat office and providing you bought the vehicle on vat exempt [disabled ] there is NO vat to be paid on servicing and repairs you have to fill in a disclaimer form and hand it to the garage then they will not add it on to your bill.every bit helps.hope this helps somone else in my situation.MUZ.

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
I am led to believe no way can you have exemption for the oils and lubricants used.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Blisters

Free Member
Apr 2, 2008
Stoke on Trent
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
March 2006
I'm Happy that you don't have to pay your VAT, we already pay to much tax and as a result of this goverments inability to run the economy succesfully we will be paying even more in the future:cry::Angry:,
But why should it only apply to the disabled, being disabled is no reflection on your ability to pay, in fact there are many disabled that were once able bodied and earned good money when they were and disabled who do earn go money now.
I'm sure there are able bodied M/H ers who are less able to pay than many of the disabled, lets face it to get a VAT qualifying M/H usually means buying new or nearly new, Enough said, don't mean to be a stick in the mud but it wrong,:Angry: make's my blood boil

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
As this issue may fall across our door steps I have checked out with the vat office and muz is quite correct
However in order to qualify for a zero rated service and or repair
two things have to bee seen

1. The Eligibility Declaration has to be shown

2. Purchase Invoice showing zero rated vat for the vehicle, copy To be retained and attached to garage copy of service or repair invoice
A zero vat rated invoice can then be issued to the customer

If both these documents can not be produced then normal vat applies
Hope that helps
Geo

OP
OP
M

muz

Free Member
Nov 15, 2007
eastwood notts
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
10 years
vat

hi blisters,sorry to make your blood boil,I have worked very hard all of my 38 years working.had an accident which was no fault of my own,had all my savings fighting for justice with different bodys, Now i have to live on benifit which if i had my chioce i would rather go to work.The money we receive is a very small amount which is almost imposible to live on without going into debt.so this saving is very relavant to us disabled people.It is not our choice to be like we are.its the goverments doing not ours.
makes my blood boil too.
MUZ

OP
OP
M

muz

Free Member
Nov 15, 2007
eastwood notts
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
10 years
vat

hi blisters,sorry to make your blood boil,I have worked very hard all of my 38 years working.had an accident which was no fault of my own,had all my savings fighting for justice with different bodys, Now i have to live on benifit which if i had my chioce i would rather go to work.The money we receive is a very small amount which is almost imposible to live on without going into debt.so this saving is very relavant to us disabled people.It is not our choice to be like we are.its the goverments doing not ours.
makes my blood boil too.
MUZ thanks to geo for the confirmation the garage has the invoice as i bought it from them orriginaly but thanks for explaining it better than me cheers.muz

Blisters

Free Member
Apr 2, 2008
Stoke on Trent
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
March 2006
Muz i was generalising and not having a pop at you,:thumb: I just don't think that disabled people should have VAT free servicing and free parking just because there disabled, i'm dyslexic and that is just as restricting on someones ability to earn a living albeit in a different way so why shouldn't people like me get VAT free servicing. I know a number of disabled people who have a lot more money than I do and they get disabled benefits because there disable, and I know people that are able bodied and have a personal situation where they really do need financial help but get nothing, I also know/knew a chap who claimed disability and yet played football every sunday (10 years ago). What i'm saying is that thing like Free parking and VAT free servicing should be available to anyone on low income and not just the disabled, I'm all for giving the disabled prime parking places and bigger spaces just not for free, I feel if the blue badges had to be paid for the free loader won't bother getting one and that would benefit the genuinly disabled, for the record I proberbly would get free VAT servicing i'm just fighting the corner for those who perhaps would.

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
I am sure most of disabled people would much rather their health than a poxy benefit:winky:

OP
OP
M

muz

Free Member
Nov 15, 2007
eastwood notts
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
10 years
Vat

my point exactly roadrunner. sorry to get on my high horse blisters but i would go to work tomorrow if my health would allow me.rant over.it would be nice for everyone to be vat free but in the present climate i dont think so. best wishes to all on motorhomefun keep up the good work,MUZ

russ

Free Member
Oct 8, 2008
Essex
Funster No
MH
Selfbuild
Exp
2 years
Muz is your motorhome registered disabled,my wife is disabled and she qualifies for a disability car and i was wondering if we could get a motor home instead of a car.

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Muz is your motorhome registered disabled,my wife is disabled and she qualifies for a disability car and i was wondering if we could get a motor home instead of a car.

Hi,

It is a bit of a minefield gettng a VAT free, be carefull as some unscroupulus salesmen will bend the rules.

If you are serious give our Gill a ring sometime and she can expalin it to you. It obviously only applies to brand new and you are looking at as a substitute for a car, a PVC around £32k. (less VAT of course)

Peter

robandwendy

Free Member
Sep 27, 2007
SOUTHAMPTON
Funster No
MH
A CLASS
Exp
6 YEARS
vat exempt servicing

We bought our motorhome VAT free because of my partners disability. Just this last week we had the water ingress check and a habitation check done all VAT free. So its not just on servicing the chassis/engine it seems to include any work carried out.

Every little helps

OP
OP
M

muz

Free Member
Nov 15, 2007
eastwood notts
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
10 years
vat exempt

hi russ,my motorhome was bought as a disabled sale as i am mostly wheelchair bound,it doesnt have disabled tax disc as i have the disable free road tax on my car,i am very fortunate to have an electric wheelchair and a crane in my car to lift it into the car.i also had the car fitted with an a frame which i tow behind my motorhome so realy i am very fortunate.the vat free thing is anything to do with the disabled person but it has to be bought vat free in the first place.if it was the servicing,repairs,are all vat free for as long as you own it.hope this helps.MUZ
i am currently having a first weekend away at lickpenny at tansley if any of the funsters are about come and have a coffee pitch number 65i

russ

Free Member
Oct 8, 2008
Essex
Funster No
MH
Selfbuild
Exp
2 years
Thanks for the info and have a good trip.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back