Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hobby Premium
Exp
Always learning
Anyone clarify the warranty on these batteries
Tanya state 2 years
Battery Megastore state 4 years
When i purchased x2 a few months ago i was told it was 3yrs :LOL::LOL: I even wrote it on the batteries before installing so you saying this only makes me confused now as i had nothing in writing from them

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Battery warranty is a minefield. You would be well advised to ask for the warranty details and be prepared to find out it is at best confusing and at worst useless. As sure as eggs are eggs it will different to what a normal person would expect for warranty cover.
Also, as an aside, be aware the Varta LFD 90 are, according to Varta's own website for motorhomes/caravans with a low to moderate usage with up to 200 cycles @50% discharge. If you are going to be on hook up most of the time this battery will be fine. If your going to be off hook up more often than on, you may find a NNC rated Class B battery more suitable and if your going to be off hook up most of the time then a NCC rated Class A battery would be the preferred choice.

OP
OP
Jagtazman
Jan 31, 2016
Halifax
Funster No
MH
A Class Rapido 9097F
Exp
June 2016
Battery warranty is a minefield. You would be well advised to ask for the warranty details and be prepared to find out it is at best confusing and at worst useless. As sure as eggs are eggs it will different to what a normal person would expect for warranty cover.
Also, as an aside, be aware the Varta LFD 90 are, according to Varta's own website for motorhomes/caravans with a low to moderate usage with up to 200 cycles @50% discharge. If you are going to be on hook up most of the time this battery will be fine. If your going to be off hook up more often than on, you may find a NNC rated Class B battery more suitable and if your going to be off hook up most of the time then a NCC rated Class A battery would be the preferred choice.
We are a mix of on and off EHU. Tend to only be away every 2 to 3 weeks. If away week or more either always on ehu or every 3 or 4 days. We have a 150w solar panel
My understanding from countless battery posts is 2 of these will be fine.

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
I had 2 of these fitted in the last van and we were full time, 50/50 hook up and had a solar panel. No problem with them, but then we were in Southern Europe with plenty of sun to keep them topped up. Good batteries imho and did everything I expected of them.

OP
OP
Jagtazman
Jan 31, 2016
Halifax
Funster No
MH
A Class Rapido 9097F
Exp
June 2016
Response from Battery Megastore

Good morning,

The Varta LFD90 comes with a four year warranty and is honoured by us for that duration. We would need you to provide the invoice which is sent to you after the item is dispatched for proof of purchase.

If you have any questions regarding the above or require any assistance in finding the correct battery, please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Kind regards,
Jack

Checkede with Tanya and theirs is confirmed as 2 years. Swaying towards BMS tbh.
Has anyone used Battery Megastore?
Work out £15 more expensive thou

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Response from Battery Megastore

Good morning,

The Varta LFD90 comes with a four year warranty and is honoured by us for that duration. We would need you to provide the invoice which is sent to you after the item is dispatched for proof of purchase.

If you have any questions regarding the above or require any assistance in finding the correct battery, please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Kind regards,
Jack

Checkede with Tanya and theirs is confirmed as 2 years. Swaying towards BMS tbh.
Has anyone used Battery Megastore?
Work out £15 more expensive thou
Have you asked them for details of the warranty ! What you may have in mind and what they actually cover is almost certainly two different things.

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
I've now looked it myself and it's as follows

Warranty Procedure.

If you have fully charged your battery and think it is faulty there are 2 options on how to process your warranty claim:

Option 1 -Having the battery tested yourself

-Take the battery to a local garage for a battery test. Make sure the battery is fully charged and over 12volts when the test is performed. Ensure that the voltage is shown on the test report.

-Send the test report via fax, email or post with a copy of your invoice or order number. Make sure your address and phone number are included.

-When we have received the test report and the invoice we will call you to arrange a new product to be sent to you and collection of the faulty item.

Battery Megastore LLP do not refund the cost of any test reports received.

Option 2 - Returning the battery for Test

-Call us with your invoice / order number, we will then take a deposit of £20 and collect your battery for testing.

-If the battery is faulty we will refund your deposit and send you a new battery along with a voucher for 5% off your next order.

-If your battery is not faulty we will send the battery back to you with the print out from the tester. The battery will be sent back fully charged and ready to use.

Under the warranty no refunds will be issued.

Returns will not processed without the necessary paperwork.

Contact Details

Email: sales@batterymegastore.co.uk

Fax: 01684 850139

Post: Alexandra Way Unit 29, Ashchurch Tewkesbury GL20 8NB

If you believe yourself to have more than one faulty battery please contact our technical team for assistance before proceeding with the above on 01684 298800.

Further Warranty Terms
A Warranty Replacement is invalid as a result of:

a) Normal wear and tear
b) Failure to follow the instruction manual
c) Negligent and improper storage, usage or installation
d) Unauthorised modifications to the battery
e) The use of so-called means of improvement
f) Over discharging the battery below 10.6

AGM Battery state of Charge Convention battery state of charge
Level Volts Level Volts
100% 13.00V 100% 12.73V
90% 12.75V 90% 12.62V
80% 12.50V 80% 12.50V
70% 12.30V 70% 12.37V
60% 12.15V 60% 12.24V
50% 12.05V 50% 12.10V
40% 11.95V 40% 11.96V
30% 11.81V 30% 11.81V
20% 11.66V 20% 11.66V
10% 11.51V 10% 11.51V
0% 10.5V 0% 10.5V

OP
OP
Jagtazman
Jan 31, 2016
Halifax
Funster No
MH
A Class Rapido 9097F
Exp
June 2016
Have you asked them for details of the warranty ! What you may have in mind and what they actually cover is almost certainly two different things.
True
Looking at this massive get out clause
Normal wear and tear and exclusion!!!
And how can you did prove not gone below 10.6
So many holes
Prob not worth paper written on

Further Warranty Terms
A Warranty Replacement is invalid as a result of:

a) Normal wear and tear
b) Failure to follow the instruction manual
c) Negligent and improper storage, usage or installation
d) Unauthorised modifications to the battery
e) The use of so-called means of improvement
f) Over discharging the battery below 10.6

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Also when they test a battery for a warranty claim the only do a CCA test which is a starter battery test, if it is failing under normal leisure use (slow discharge), there is a very high chance it will pass a CCA test. I had it with a couple of Banner AGM's passed the CCA test with a 79% rating but on a slow discharge could only manage 10A/H.
I wouldn't worry too much about the warranty go for the best price.

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Remember guy's this is not your fault. We all purchase from reputable companies in good faith. The problem is and has been for quite some time that the Leisure battery industry is very shoddy and will remain so IMO until a national/international standard is agreed for what constitutes a leisure battery and forces compliance from the manufacturers.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back