Vantage (1 Viewer)

Dec 30, 2014
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Since September 7th 2016
I have a Vantage Neo on order and I've just seen in MMM that Scott has sold out. Hope its not going to make any difference!

Deneb

Free Member
Oct 20, 2015
Europe
Funster No
MH
PVC
Me too. Last news I had from them at the end of February was that my van was shown on their latest update from Fiat as scheduled to be built this week just gone. Not sure whether production has resumed at the Fiat plant though since the outage. I'm intending to contact them next week to see if there's any update.

I understand they've been bought by the owner of Signature Motorhomes in Preston, who were an IH dealer for a short while until IH reduced their network to Nick Whale and their factory premises. I don't know if anyone has any experience of Signature?

I thought the recently introduced blog page on the Vantage website was a great idea. Bit disappointed to see its been taken down since the sale. On the plus side nothing seems to have changed in respect of spec and prices, and I understand that Scott is still involved with the company in development of the vans.

OP
OP
PaulB
Dec 30, 2014
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Since September 7th 2016
Thanks @Deneb for responding. We ordered our van from Scott at the NEC in February. He phoned Julie, is she still there?, who put our name on a base vehicle due in June. As we don't want delivery until September the time scale seemed quite relaxed. I have emailed Vantage for an update and I will let you know what they say.

I am surprised that we have had no contact from the new owners. If I had paid a lot of money to acquire a company I think I would contact the existing customers to keep them informed.

Do you know of any Vantage user groups? There is an excellent "Wildax Enthusiasts" Group on Facebook which I have been following as we hired one of their vans last week to get some practice in.

Anyway if you hear anything please let me know.

Paul

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Deneb

Free Member
Oct 20, 2015
Europe
Funster No
MH
PVC
Hi @PaulB, the last contact we had from Julie was late February, when I asked for an update on the status of our order. I have no idea whether she's still there, but I guess we may both find out this week.

I don't know of any Vantage user groups. We spent over 2 years researching and looking at vans before we ordered from Vantage. All I can say is that my internet searches revealed quite a few positive reports and very little in the way of negatives. I also corresponded with a couple of owners via PMs on a different forum and both were very happy with their vans. To be honest, we've not seen anything else before or since that we like anywhere as much.

Please keep me updated and I will of course let you know what response I receive also.

OP
OP
PaulB
Dec 30, 2014
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Since September 7th 2016
Hi @Deneb I had an email from Julie today saying that there were no changes and that my provisional collection date of early September was still the plan, so good news.
Paul

Deneb

Free Member
Oct 20, 2015
Europe
Funster No
MH
PVC
Hi @PaulB, thank you for the update. I've only just got round to emailing Julie this evening as it's been a really manic day at work after the long weekend. Good to hear your response and I suspect I've asked pretty similar questions. Will hopefully update you tomorrow.

Phil

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Deneb

Free Member
Oct 20, 2015
Europe
Funster No
MH
PVC
Hi again @PaulB. I had a reply from Julie today saying that they hope to receive our van from Fiat before the end of June. She confirmed that although Vantage are under new ownership nothing has or will change in respect of our order and specification. We may both be picking up our new vans at a similar time if all goes to plan!

MannClan

Free Member
Dec 5, 2015
Peterborough
Funster No
MH
coachbuild
Exp
approx 2003
bought an IH630RL from Signature last year - when we picked the van up I was quite surprised at the size of the premises and that it seemed to be more of a speedboat company. However they were very professional throughout our dealings with them - so much so that I brokered the van back to them to sell for us - just didn't get on with it. I think they have a Globecar franchise now.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back